Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbacchus

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 1, 2005
Athens GA
i know it was discussed that different receivers will show different quality readings on the same sat. i stay parked on ia5 most of the time, for most transponders i will see 80+ on both signal and quality, occasionally going as high as 90. on a few transponders it's as low as 60 quality. i have a 100cm dish, invacom lnb, fortec ultra lifetime receiver, sm3d12 motor and i'm in the southeast US.

what kind of readings do you guys see on these receivers? is this as good as it gets or do i somehow need to peak it some more? picture quality is pretty good on most channels, except for a couple of arabic channels which look a little pixelated.

thats pretty good. I have a Pansat which the meter is like a Fortec and the best I can get is the TP with the church channels...and that is at 70 (using a 76cm and a .4)

most are around 45

Soon (damn rain) I will get my 90cm and Invacom set up so we can compare with that too :)

Now this is REALLY apples to oranges comparison, but on my 304 cm dish, with .7 LNB and a pansat 2700a i get the "loud" transponders at 99 (pegged with no fluctuation), the "quiet" ones at ~65-75.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)