Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Here I go again...

Got up this morning -- off today, so figured I would power up all my receivers and what not...until I noticed that on the Fortec Mercury II, I was on SBS 6, Ohio News, and pressed the OK button for it to display the other channels I have scanned in on SBS 6 and noticed in the bottom corner where it displays the TP, is says "?-360.0E" as the TP information, I am getting Ohio News fine but it displays that, so when I went to change the channel to the MUX on SBS 6 it turned to G10R, I was shocked...When I went to channel info it said the SBS 6 MUX was found at 11720vXXXXX on G10R. So I went to the other sats in my system and all the TP information for all my channels on all my sats now says "?-360.0E" or "11720vXXXXX G10R"----therefore when I changed the channel, no matter what channel or satellite location, it goes back to G10R unless I go thru the menu and force it to change to a certain location. Does this for both C and Ku bands.

What has happened to my system?

You know I lost the cband fta on it the other day and took a month of Sunday's to get it back...

Am I going to have to reset this stupid box again, for the 3rd time, and lose it all again? If so, can someone please give me a recommendation for another box? Because I have not been impressed with this receiver at all.

Thanks.

I got home yesterday and find my FTA out too on my Mercury II, however I have a feeling it was the 60 MPH winds we had yesterday which probably knocked my Dish out of alignment. :(

Looks like I trek outside this weekend with my LCD TV and Receiver to fix it.

I don't have a Mercury II, but on my Fortec Ultra this sort of thing was common, I had to delete ALL but one transponder from all satellites (You will not loose any stored channels) then it started to behave again.

So just go thru each satellite and delete all but one TP, and then rescan each sat? Do I do a channel backup? or a factory reset?

Check for overheating ????? ..... It will cause ALL KINDS of Problems on FTA receivers and even C Band receivers.
Keep them away from ALL HEAT generating devices.

BryanSR

So just go thru each satellite and delete all but one TP, and then rescan each sat? Do I do a channel backup? or a factory reset?

No need to rescan as your stored channels will still be there :) No need for channel back up or factory re-set.

Remember this was with the Fortec Lifetime Ultra, but its still worth a try before doing a factory reset and loosing everything!

Just go through each satellite and delete all but one TP.

I would make sure when you delete a TP that the channels dont go with it. The Coolsat will remove channels associated with a TP so if you delete the TP, you lose the channels

I know the Fortec Ultra doesnt as my Pansat 1500 doesnt either....I would remove one TP that has channels on it and see if it also removes the channel (s) associated with it.

Deleted channels too along with the TP's.

Finally having to do a factory reset. I have read the reviews of most of the receivers but I am asking, what is a good FTA receiver, with a good blind scan, and with a good channel editor? I will just buy a new receiver, this is the 3rd time this Fortec has messed up. Just not happy with it anymore.

Any input appreciated, thanks!

I had a cooslat 5000 before my fortec mercury, the coolsat worked very well with channel master, an awesome channel editing app by sharpc. blind scan seemed to work well and it drove my motor without issue.

if your looking at a new non-fortec ird Id take a look at the coolsat, their a good value for the money. Ive also been told the traxis are nice ird's as well.

I love my merc II. I also have a CS5K and the CS gave me fits like you are describing at times and also flaked out a couple times on my motor to where I had to zero it and restart things. I have not had one issue with the merc II since I got it setup.

But if you don't like the merc II, I too would recommend a coolsat. I can also second the comment that Traxis seems to be quite popular with the guys here too.

Deleted channels too along with the TP's.
bummer

Finally having to do a factory reset. I have read the reviews of most of the receivers but I am asking, what is a good FTA receiver, with a good blind scan, and with a good channel editor? I will just buy a new receiver, this is the 3rd time this Fortec has messed up. Just not happy with it anymore.

Any input appreciated, thanks!

I use a Coolsat and love it. Be warned that it does the same with the TP as your Fortec when you delete TP's, but I use channelmaster and delete the TP's that arent needed. Real easy to work with and the blind scan is fast

meter sucks on it though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts