Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccvalentino

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
maryland
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some pictures / instructions on how to setup the polar mount on the fortec 1.8m dish (eg declination angle?)

Thanks,
Chris

If you google "Fortec 1.8M polar mount" you will find several places with what you are asking for. This website, as many others on the web frowns on pointing you away to other websites. I found it quickly, I'm sure you will also.

I got a picture , Angles are close enough to get started and find your "south sat" to get the polar angle fine tuned. Higher tracking accuracy can be had using the Modified Declination angle. And the Bud Manual

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 309
Well, that's not my set up, so I can't say. It's just a picture a member posted that I used to show and label the angles. For clearance to the fence, I would think that if it's a 6 ft dish, when moved to either extreme with the actuator, about half of the diameter will be behind the pole, so the pole would have to be at least 3 feet from the fence. I'm at 48N so declination is around 7.5°, that would make the Lat + dec = 55.5°. 90 -55.5= elevation to my south sat, 34.5°, (all this off the top of the head) dishpointer puts my south sat at "Elevation: 34.6°" (now I surprised myself with a calculation coming out that close to what Dishpointer says. I woulda been happy with 2-3°) Either way, our measurements probably can be off 2° or more, but that's all taken care of when elevation is adjusted watching Q on an active TP on our south sat. And the left-right rotation of the mount on the pole is fine tuned watching Q on a TP on a satellite on the end of the arc. It's most important to set the declination angle as accurate as possible. This angle is what makes accurately tracking the arc possible. Attached is most recent pic of my current "flower pot", not big enough to qualify as a "Farm". Not shown-84e on 125W.

Attachments

• GEDC0641_Crop_small.jpg
    GEDC0641_Crop_small.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 255
Anole's referance to foot prints by dish size is good reading! Heres a pic of my 6 footer polar mount dish i got from sadoun.

Attachments

• 002b.jpg
    002b.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 324
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)