Fortec Star FC90CM & Invacom QHP-031

FastOne1974

Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Hi all first post on the forum. I have the above combination of dish and lnb. I would like to know if the combination will work with BEV at 82. Also have a AcuTrac III signal meter and was also wanting to know if it should work with the above combination.

Thanks,
Bobby

Depends on location

82 has some transponders that will not show up (footprint doesnt reach) in California, AZ, NM, FL

Dish Issues

Iceburg thanks for the reply. I have had ExpressVu for about three years. I am in north LA at Lat 32.2. My current dish is a 21" dish with a Directv LNB and I have lost most of the 82W transponders. What I am trying to do is get as much back as possible. My main question is will the dish and lnb discribed work with ExpressVu and is the OHP-031 an LNB that needs to have the casing removed. I have an installer coming out tomorrow and would like to know if the combination will work before I waste my time trying.

Thanks,
Bobby

north LA as in Louisiana or Los Angeles??

If its LA, CA (los angeles) then a 30" dish won't do much help for those missing transponders

Louisiana

My question is will the dish and lnb work with BEV?

Thanks,
Bobby

P.S. I am in North Louisiana between Shreveport and Jackson, MS.

sure it will work. Just use the "C" side of the LNB...by the eway the casing doesnt need to be removed from the LNB. It will fit in there just fine

What receiver are you using? Are the signals too low to keep a stable picture?

6000 Receiver

I am using a 6000 receiver. I am getting about 55% - 65% on the transponders I am getting. I am only using the NBC West, ABC East and Fox West as they are the only reliable channels that I get. My goal is to get some of the other channels back with the bigger dish. Thanks for your reply. I will post back after we get the dish up tomorrow. If i can get a better signal I am going to upgrade my receiver.

Thanks,
Bobby

As I have posted in other threads, the 9200 is obsolete and Expressvu is only dumping stock. As soon as supply is exhausted, they will be releasing MPEG4 receivers.

The other caution is that footprints have not been released for N4 and N5 satellites presently under construction. There have been posts on other forums that these footprints will be similar to those of Anik E2 - service only to the northern third of the US. This speculation is driven by the fact that Expressvu has a severe rainfade issue to the west coast of Canada with present N1/N2 footprints. This is 1 of the reasons why Expressvu never went to 8PSK.

I had the dish installed yesterday and all went well. The only problem is the installer pointed the dish at 91w instead of 82w. I am now getting over ninety five % signal on all but 3 transponders and the on the other three 88%. The installer is coming back today and I am going to have him move the dish to point at 82w and I will report all transponders % after he is finished.

Thanks, for the replies.

Bobby