FORTEC STAR LifeTime CLASSIC NA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I bought this receiver to bring Asian region but I am facing issues with satellite list, it only shows me western list only. How do I load the eastern list ? :confused:

The "NA" in the name stands for North America . It's possible that restoring factory defaults is your only choice besides trying to manually add satellites that you want. I suspect somebody here knows more about this receiver than I do, though I did own one for awhile. Loading the latest factory firmware is generally the best thing to do. That is available at Download .

There is only one Asian sat listed on this reciever. You can manually change the sat list all you want with the remote. It may be better to use the channel editor to add all of your channels

Download

Or just blind scan each sat once you've got the sats programmed in and dish aligned

Where are you located? You can only get the satellites thatg are about YOUR horizon. Asia is way below mine. If you are in NA they will all be below the horizon. The satellite signal is line of sight --- the signals travel like a beam of light.

yeah I know I want to send this to Asia... so that is the reason that I am looking for Asian sat list,.,,

yes i can add satellites but the problem is I cant change the (W) to (E) using the remote.. Do you think that resetting this to default software will give me the full list ??/

There's no harm in trying set to defaults. But that won't change that the receiver was designed for and marketed in North America.

There's some trick to change the W to E. I don't recall what that is though. Something like putting the cursor on the field and pressing OK or something.

In Antenna setup, select positioner. Set it to USALS, and position the cursor to SAT Longitude. Enter the location as a four digit number, (0142 for 14.2 degrees) followed by the P- button for E. Likewise, P+ will set it to W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts