Fortec Star Mercury II $85 - Holiday Special - Satellite AV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still Can't get it to work

Tried factory reset several times. Found the ch 3/ ch 4 switch, set to ch 4, hooked up to ANT In on TV, tuned to ch 4, got nothing. With yellow RCA video out on rec to video in on TV still getting distorted/ illegible menus. On hold for half an hour with SatAV, spoke with Shannon who had me factory reset again. She couldn't think of anything else to try so gave me a service order to send it back. Unless anyone can think of something else to try I'll send it back tomorrow. Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

Hey linuxman tell us how you like it. Try scanning 74W on ku see if it locks up on HD feeds it finds like this traxis does!
I'll give it a shot in a few minutes.

Right now scanning in fixed dishes. :)

But I'll break away from that as soon as it is done shortly on G10.

Fred

budman have you checked your tv set? Some I have seen, have an option in the INPUT menu for Cable or OTA input, some for each set of jacks or rf inputs.. Maybe yours is set for for one, when it oughta be the other???????????

I scanned in G17 Ku and got a couple of HDs, but no barfing. I get sound, but no picture.

Scanned in Vertical and Horizontal. Didn't find anything Vertical.

As far as how I like it.

So far so good. Like any new receiver, it takes some getting used to. It is even different than the FS 5400 that I have, but so far the remotes seem to work ok in the same room without messing with each other.

I wish it would allow me to input the position number rather than starting at 1 in the middle of my arc. I'll try and figure some way around that tomorrow. :)

More later. :)

Why would it matter?

If you didn't want the Glorystar setup, I think all that's necessary is a full factory reset and it's gone.
(someone will slap me if I'm wrong)

If you did want the Glorystar setup, well anyone resourceful enough to come to the FTA section of the forum can probably customize it just fine.
And if not, then ya could probably get enough help here in the FTA section to do so.

And if I had to guess, I'd suspect the answer was "no"
Of course, if Brian isn't off enjoying the holidays, I'm sure he'll set your mind to rest.

Just don't wait 'till the last minute and blow it on the deal, worrying which way they are.
In my opinion, it just doesn't matter. :)

Tried factory reset several times. Found the ch 3/ ch 4 switch, set to ch 4, hooked up to ANT In on TV, tuned to ch 4, got nothing. With yellow RCA video out on rec to video in on TV still getting distorted/ illegible menus. On hold for half an hour with SatAV, spoke with Shannon who had me factory reset again. She couldn't think of anything else to try so gave me a service order to send it back. Unless anyone can think of something else to try I'll send it back tomorrow. Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

Try this: Picture rolling in Black and white. What should I do? - Sadoun Tech Forums

The Satellite Guy's Special Mercury II's are shipped with the original Fortec Star firmware installed. Iceberg is correct, a Glorystar receiver is the same as any regular off the shelf Mercury II. The firmware only differs in the preloaded channel functions when the special activation code is used.

Originally Posted by thisBUDsforyou View Post

Mercury IIs loaded with North American firmware do not have the PAL function. They only have NTSC. If the receiver has original Fortec Factory firmware and the image is rolling, only two things can be causing this ..... Corrupted firmware or defective hardware.

"thisBUDsforyou" I will authorize for you to update the firmware with Mercury II firmware found on the Fortec Star website. If the firmware refresh doesn't work, Satelliteav will provide an advance exchange receiver and have FedEx pick-up this unit.

We are closed for the New Year's holiday, but will reopen on January 2nd.

Only today and tomorrow left to act on this great deal!!

From my own personal experience, SatelliteAV is a great company to work with, and they stand behind what they sell 100%.

Plus, they are a Gold Sponsor of this forum.

Don't let this "Holiday Special" pass you by! :)

The Fortec Star Mercury II SatelliteGuys holiday special will be ending at 8am PT tomorrow morning.

Thanks to all that purchased! Enjoy your new toys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)