Fortec Star Mercury II vs. Lifetime Classic NA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pestie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Spring Hill, FL
Hi, all! I've been out of the FTA scene for a while (I was last active here in early 2006) and since then, obviously, a few things have changed. One seems to be that a lot of people have the Fortec Star Mercury II receiver. I glanced at the specs, but I can't see how it's really all that different from the Lifetime Classic NA, which is what I have. What is it about the Mercury II that everyone loves so much? Is it worth an upgrade? I see they're not very expensive.

The Mercury II has more memory, faster channel changing, Component Video output, and more detailed Blind Scan. There are other extra small features (i.e. Universal 4 components remote, etc).

It has more memory, a more powerful cpu, and is faster at everything that it does. Blindscanning is much faster than the NA . That being said, the Classic NA does everything that is necessary for an FTA receiver to do. The Merc, though, is a definite upgrade. I've had both.

:)

Brent

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts