Fortec Star Mercury ll receiver will not switch satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yeoldgrouch

Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
East Texas
I hope some one can give me some advice. I have 2 of the above receivers just recently installed. Neither one will recognize or switch between the two satellites I have set up for. I have tried everything I can find in the manual to get things going. They say you can change the 0/22kHz but mine are on auto and I have not found any to change this setting. I have tried two switches and the results are the same. Only get chanels that on sat connected to input 1or A.

Thanks for any help.

Are you using 22KHz switches or DiSEqC switches?
What are the rest of the settings in the Setup Menu?
LNB Type, Standard or Universal?

Can you list your exact LNB model?
A Universal LNB has an internal 22KHz to go from Low L.O. to High L.O. so an External 22KHz can not be used, that is why you see Auto listed.
Look at you DiSEqC Switch, make note of where each LNB is connected.
Then in the Receiver's Setup menu, look for the DiSEqC Setting and select the correct port.

You can't use a 22khz tone switch , with a Universal Lnbf ( since the lnbf also uses 22khz switching to control the lnbf hi/lo range ). I'd try a Diseqc switch instead of the 22khz switch and it should work.
:)

The Ecoda 2x1 is a 22KHz tone switch and is not a DiSEqC switch. Since the Fortec LNBFs are universal and use 22KHz for switching between high and low bands, the Ecoda switch cannot be used.

You will need a DiSEqC switch if using Universal type LNBFs.

Each Dish has a Fortec FSKU-V LNB
Low 10.7-11.7
High 11.7-12.75

ECODA 2X1 SW22 22KHZ 22 KHZ TONE Switch
Thanks

Thanks to those who helped with switch problem

I want to thank all who took time to enlighten me as to where my problem is.

I will replace the switch.

have a good day

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)