Forum Navigation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick214

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 29, 2003
New Albany, IN
I don't know if this is possible with the software that SatelliteGuys uses, but I'd like to be able to see the navigation tree not only at the top of the page, but after the list of messages near the bottom of the page.

Let me describe what I mean by navigation tree, since I'm not sure if that's the correct term. On this page that I'm currently typing this message, it says:

SatelliteGuys.US > SatelliteGuys General Forums > SatelliteGuys Help Desk

So I can click on the the last of these 3 links and it will take me back to the list of messages for the SatelliteGuys Help Desk.

Maybe others do it differently but I find that after I've read a message, unless I click on the navigation tree as I described above (e.g. if I just hit the Back arrow) then the message I just read will remain in bold type which indicates it's unread.

SO... once I've read all the messages I'm interested in on a page, I find that most often I have to scroll up to get to the navigation tree. If the navigation tree was duplicated below the list of messages I wouldn't have to scroll up to get to it.

If you look at www.ilovehdtv.com/forum you'll see what I'm asking for. Their software does this and I find it's faster and easier to navigate the forum this way.

Just a suggestion ...

thanks ................ Rick

It's been 3 DAYS and NOBODY has a comment about this navigation issue? I was hoping for SOME feedback from at least a moderator or administrator... even a "in your dreams, buddy!" or a "fat chance" or SOMETHING :D

ANYBODY HOME???

Oh well, I guess I'm the only one it bugs :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)