Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hi guys, I do hope you are enjoying the new software!

Please remember Rome was not built in a day!

With any forum upgrade there may be some slight glitches and problems. If you see something strange PLEASE REPORT IT HERE.

Also if you have any suggestions please post them here as well.

Remember SatelliteGuys was built for YOU, so all suggestions will be considered!

Enjoy the new site!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hi guys, I do hope you are enjoying the new software!

Please remember Rome was not built in a day!

With any forum upgrade there may be some slight glitches and problems. If you see something strange PLEASE REPORT IT HERE.

Also if you have any suggestions please post them here as well.

Remember SatelliteGuys was built for YOU, so all suggestions will be considered!

Enjoy the new site!!
I'm in!! Hooray!!! Way to go Scott. Hope the transition is painless for both you and us. Good luck.
:cool:

I like the new interface. I'm sure that it's going to take some time for everybody to get used to it.

Now, the first problem to report is:

Every time I move to a new page I get asked to enter my username and password for the "Admin Area."

I tried my name and password, they did not work. I hit cancel, I get the same dialog. I have to hit cancel about 10 times, then it goes away, till I move to a new page.

I accidently clicked on something and it said my IP was logged. I think it was some administative thing. Just wanted you to know so you don't think I was trying to hack :)

markusian said:
Now, the first problem to report is:
Every time I move to a new page I get asked to enter my username and password for the "Admin Area."
I have to hit cancel about 10 times, then it goes away, till I move to a new page.

Same here. It started when I tried to change the display style. After I returned to the default it happened once and not since then.

OK. I switched from Netscape to MS internet explorer, the problem is gone. But the issue might be in the setup not the browser. I do have different setups.

I use Netscape for general sites, so the security is set to high, and use IE for trusted sites.

-Mark

markusian said:
OK. I switched from Netscape to MS internet explorer, the problem is gone. But the issue might be in the setup not the browser. I do have different setups.

I use Netscape for general sites, so the security is set to high, and use IE for trusted sites.

-Mark
FWIW, I use Mozilla 1.5 for all sites 'cept when I use Firebird

Dont worry about the admin bug.

Thats the test site I put up to test things out and I forgot to change it in the upgrade. :)

I will fix it now.

When I searched for caller id in the 921 forum I got this:

The search term you specified (id) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

Works at DBSTalk.

Suggestion, PLEASE turn off that stupid text popup when you point at thread title.

Scott,
I'm marked as Registered, but should be supporter.

Aside from that, I like it.

Oh, and it's saying "Good Morning", when it's afternoon. (minor, but....).

LER

All the people who are are supporters have not been marked as supporter yet. I will do that over the next day or two.

I don't know why it's saying Good Morning, I will look into that. :)

So far so good though. :D

Its something with the cookies, this laptop I am on now does this at DBSTalk but works fine everywhere else. I even cleared my cookies once.

I am looking for a solution.

I have cookies set to "keep during session only". DBSTalk also doesn't remember my name and password.

In Mozilla, there is a "password manager" which is independent of cookies. It's edit - preferences - privacy&security - passwords.

I've seen this problem before when the website generates "new and magic" HTML each time one logs on. It might also be related to the use of javascript or some other magic programs. I guess the browser needs somewhere to look to find the password fields.

Scott, love the new software. Much better than the old php or whatever that was! Congrats on the continued growth and success here.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts