Forum Upgrade Problems / Bugs and Suggestions Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the text popup when you hover your mouse over the post title. It allows you to view what the whole post is all about without having to click on the link. I wish this would be done for the posts following the first one so that no links would have to be clicked on, perhaps something like you see at the start menu on your computer where you hover your mouse over the arrow you will see the next post then the next arrow on down the next post or all of them at once, and it being adjusted to how you want it in user cp.

I get this when I try the link in the main forum index and also from the link on my desktop to the old forum.

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_users.MYI'. (errno: 145)

SELECT * FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id = 1900

Line : 62
File : /home/satellit/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php
The good news is, I like vBulletin v3.

Minor suggestion. At the end of forums and the new posts listings, can you default the drop down to 'Forum Home or Index'. Also the SatelliteGuys.US logo at the top LH corner, make it a link to Home (not to the Admin function that slapped my hand and logged me :).)

Thanks,
Lee

Scott,

When I am in the page listing all the forums and I click on the SatelliteGuys banner to go to the home page, it asks for my administrative ID and password. Since I don't have one, I get the "sorry buddy" page you set up. I'm not trying to hack, I just tried to go back to the home page.

Another topic,

Will you be able to remove the Usenet posts from the "new messages" searches for those of us that despise Usenet on Web forums? :)

Thanks,

See ya
Tony

Today, I just need to fix one link which is still pointing to the old VB test site (which gives you the admin sorry buddy screen)

The Newsgroups are NOT part of the new posts scan, there is a new usenet posts function for the newsgroups. Look on the main navagation bar for these links. :)

Hi Scott,
Have you had any sleep this weekend?
So far, it looks good. You have my sympathy.

A couple of minor things. (hope I am not repeating bugs already posted. I only skimmed)
all on win2000 ie 5.0
Had trouble with spell check. Couldn't post the corrected text back to the main page.
No avatars.
Bigger one...Had trouble logging in from the home page. Pressed submit and was taken back to the site that I was previously on, though I was logged on successfully.

If you need more repro info, let me know

Big Bob said:
Hi Scott,
Have you had any sleep this weekend?
So far, it looks good. You have my sympathy.

A couple of minor things. (hope I am not repeating bugs already posted. I only skimmed)
all on win2000 ie 5.0
Had trouble with spell check. Couldn't post the corrected text back to the main page.
No avatars.
Bigger one...Had trouble logging in from the home page. Pressed submit and was taken back to the site that I was previously on, though I was logged on successfully.

If you need more repro info, let me know

Just tried to repro the login problem from the home page. Wasn't able to repro it. don't know what happened the first time.

The read flags are going nuts. Specifically, the yellow icon on the forums home page.

I'm seeing a yellow dish on a forum that's read after clicking on the forum index. I go to the forum. Then, I hit the forums link again, and the yellow icon goes away.

IE6

n0qcu said:
Suggestion, PLEASE turn off that stupid text popup when you point at thread title.
Ideally, it would be a user option. Maybe some themes would have it and some wouldn't.

I used to really dislike it on dbstalk but now I kinda like it. Would be nice to be able to toggle it off or on

I had problems getting in. It would not allow me to sign in. But that went away. Obviously I could not tell you here.

I like the popup option. That feature was written a while ago by Parker Clack on HomeTheaterForum, and I borrowed it from him when I use to run DBSTalk. VB has built in this feature in version 3.0.

I do wish however that it would show the last post in the preview instead of the first post. :)

Geronimo, no changes here this morning at all. (Must be the snow) :) And remember that you can post to this forum as a guest, no registration is required to post to this forum. :)

I noticed in the User CP, with the "satellite guys - blue" scheme, I can't see links unless I roll over them.

JFYI.

Scott- It would be nice to have a large icon to click on to get to the main listing of forum sections- and titled something like "ALL FORUM SECTIONS"

I have set up "Do Not Subscribe" to threads and it's subscribing anyway.. I see this when I go into User CP. I would find it more useful if it were Subscribed Forums instead of threads, like DBSTalk. Not a big deal though.

Don the link to the forums is on the top to every page (Where it says HOME FORUMS USER CP)

THere is still some minor tweeking that needs to be done, but I am very satisfied so far, I expected a lot more bug reports even though I tested everything well. :)

Ok I have made a few changes to the homepage.

The User Control Panel on the left side of the screen now has a "JUMP TO FORUMS" feature.

I have also set the main homepage to automatically refresh after 45 seconds. This will allow you to park your browser on our homepage and see when threads are updated.

Also because of the confusion I have moved the old phpBB forum to a new directory and placed an notice screen up at the old url for the forum, this is because many people still thought the old forum was still the only forum as they had the old site bookmarked.

If you have the old site bookmarked please change your bookmark to http://www.satelliteguys.us (Or to bypass the homepage set your bookmark to http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php )

More features are coming soon, as well as other things such as a boatload of new smiles, and some other things you are sure to enjoy.

I am working hard to build you a site you can be proud of. Thanks for your support!

All in all Scott, this seems to have gone amazingly well.
You should feel good about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)