Forum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Tools>internet options>LAN settings>make sure "automatically detect settings" is checked.
Reboot your modem & router, then the pc.

Maybe delete all the cookies. Perhaps he has a cookie for something that is making a bad ad appear on this site. Others do not have this browsing history, so get served a different ad.

Trying to post a message in fta Whatsup There but getting a "waiting for vb4.satguys.us" message =hangs there and does nothing.
edit: As expected, after I messed around with it for 5min, then posted this, its working fine again. Maybe its the weather lol.

Vb4.satguys.us is our cloud servers were all static images are stored such as images and javascripts.

There are 24 of these Cloud servers around the country, I can only guess the one that serves your area was having a problem and based upon what you said has been fixed. :)

Ive had a problem with the forum backup bar that is always above the thread at the top on this computer. Where it says:

It will not let me press the blue link from above. Just quit working one day. The one on the bottom works though. Now that I copied and pasted the above link that used to work, it now works inside the window where I pasted it. That is the only problem I have ever had with this website.

I thought before I posted. I've just seen MANY occurences, where somebody gets on here, complaining about the speed etc, and usually it's a non-pub member.
If ads are slowing down the site, I think that's an issue in and of itself.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I dont think it was the ads that caused the issue that this use was having, I think it was a cloud server in his area which was having an issue. For our cloud servers we use MAXCDN.COM and by using these servers we save about 4 - 5 GB a day in bandwidth. In addition because the static files are coming to you from a server near you it makes for a much faster experience... well expect when one of their servers has an issue. Luckily in the past year using them I can only recal two times were there has been an issue where one server ws having an issue.

Speaking about the ads...

Yes ads can slow down the loading of pages here at SatelliteGuys, but they are a necessary evil as we need to pay the bills. We run most of our ads in iframes to minimize the impact of page load time.

We monitor the site performace by using Gtmetrix.COM, where we can test the sites performance from a number of sites around the country and can test the performance of the site with and without the ads.

Just doing a quick test here are our results from this morning.

With ads the load time is... Page load time: 3.66s
Without ads is... Page load time: 1.31s

Some folks use ad blockers to get rid of the ads which works but it also causes issues as it blocks some of the AJAX functinality that vBulletin has built in. Others just grin and bear the ads. And for others if they want they can become Supporting Pub Members for less then $20 a year which gets rid of all the syndicated ads on the site yet allows us to still pay our bills. Pub Members also get a lot more benefits as well as our thanks for your support. For a listing of these benefits please CLICK HERE.

I am going to be doing more ad work today to try help improving the load time for non Pub Members even more. Those who are registered members and are logged in might notice I have got rid of the auto refreshing ads as well. :)

Thanks guys for your support! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts