Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have just removed support for ForumRunner from SatelliteGuys.

We use to have our own SatelliteGuys branded ForumRunner app here, but unfortunately Internet Brands who also purchased vBulletin purchased ForumRunner. And much like they did to vBulletin they did to ForumRunner... they let it rot and did not maintain it.

We were paying a lot of money annually to have our SatelliteGuys branded app from ForumRunner, and they wanted us to contine paying this outrageous fee to keep our app even though they were no longer updating it. We declined to pay and they removed our app from the app stores.

We moved over to a SatelliteGuys branded version of the TapaTalk app which we have been using since then.

The XenForo / ForumRunner Plugin was released in March 1st, 2013. With the release of iOS 8 for the iPhone the ForumRunner app stopped working on iPhones. With a good portion of the ForumRunner users unable to use the app ForumRunner support was contacted asking what they were planning on doing, the replay back from support was "There are no planned updates at this time."

When we moved from vBulletin to XenForo we carried over ForumRunner to support those members who were still using ForumRunner. However in going through log files this afternoon I noticed that the ForumRunner plugin was causing issues on our server. The ForumRunner plugin for XenForo was written for XenForo 1.0 and was released on March 1st, 2013, it has not been updated since then. We are not on XenForo 1.4.2 and a lot has changed since 1.0 was released.

Because of the issues and the fact that most people can no longer use the ForumRunner app tonight I have removed ForumRunner Support from SatelliteGuys. I apologize to those who were using ForumRunner still, looking at the analytics it appears there were 7 people still accessing the site via ForumRunner.

If you were using ForumRunner we invite you to use our SatelliteGuys Branded app by TapaTalk, or better yet the new XenForo skins have been optimized for Mobile Devices.

While we have Tapatalk support, I have to admit I have not been too happy with TapaTalk as of late. We pay good money each month for our own SatelliteGuys app, and recently Tapatalk has started inserting ads in our app and we have no control over them. And they are not letting us block ads from usergroups like our Pub Members. I am starting to question why we are paying for an app we have no control over. The sad part is that Tapatalk seems to want us to drop our branded app as they even added a feature so we can convert our branded users over to users of their Tapatalk app.

Thank you for your understanding

Thank you for keeping on top of things.

Tell me more about these XenForo skins. I mostly use an iPhone 5 these days, soon to be an iPhone 6+. What are my options once the S Reader Tapatalk app (which I'm not happy with) goes away? Not Topify! :rolleyes:

I was also one of the 7, I guess I will no longer have mobile access to this site.

I can't understand how any of you want to interact w/SG on a phone w/a virtual keyboard. Both are too dinky for my taste.

The SatelliteGuys branded Forumrunner app quit working for me with the switch to Xenforo. Been using the new one ever since. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I can't understand how any of you want to interact w/SG on a phone w/a virtual keyboard. Both are too dinky for my taste.

There are times I won't be near my laptop for awhile and/or on some trips don't bring it, that leaves my Smartphone or tablet. People don't want to go too long without reading my opinions. :popcorn

I never, I say never, use these programs while I am on trips. I simply use Safari for access on my iPad....

There are times I won't be near my laptop for awhile and/or on some trips don't bring it, that leaves my Smartphone or tablet. People don't want to go too long without reading my opinions. :popcorn
My liking your post in no way correlates to my desire, or lack thereof, to read your opinions. :p

Reactions: Tampa8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)