Found a good deal on closeout 7" ATSC portable TV at Sears.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hwm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
North Central Idaho
I have been wanting a small portable ATSC/Digital TV for some time now to use when setting up sat dishes in the field and for DTV signal finding/evaluation.

Finally found a good deal on one that is highly rated, and has audio/video input.

Eviant T7 at a local Sears store.

From searching on Google Products, it seems that Sears is closing out this 2009 model nationwide. I picked one up for 39.99 plus sales tax at a store about 25 miles away.

If you are interested, please read the reviews on amazon and epinions and decide if it's what you want, then search for "eviant t7" on Google Product Search to find one near you or online.

It has a very sensitive TV tuner, equal to my Zenith DTT901 converter box, which seems to be the standard that DTV tuners are compared to online.

I can post a more detailed review if needed.

That is a good price. Paid just over $100 for ours. Worth every penny though for tasks like aiming the dish. Great little set for the kitchen counter too!

use one for the camera at the front door. paid $40 some time ago. they really are great units for the money.

Wal-Mart sells a RCA model 7" LCD TV that sells for around $60. My wife bought one for my daughter and one for myself for Christmas.

How do you guys aim dishes with a handheld TV? Do you just plug the receiver into it and run a cable to the mini tv?

yep. I have a RCA cable from the receiver to the mini TV input on it and thats how I aim dishes.
Much easier than lugging the 13" TV out to aim it.

When its sunny out its easier to have the TV right by me than be 15 feet away and cant see the screen

Picked up a Haier 7" from Target just before Christmas. They had 4 or 5 of them on clearance for $32.48. List price was $129.99. Always check their back aisle end caps.

Target clearance items are highly YMMV (your mileage may vary) from store to store and city to city. They start the price at, say, 30% off. After it sits for a week or two, it goes to 50%. Finally, a couple of weeks later, 75% off. If it still doesn't sell, it gets pulled from the shelf. Therefore, nothing stays there on clearance for a long time. Clearance price adjustments are usually made on Mondays.

Now that's a deal. I am going to target today hope i get lucky like you.
I found that around the middle of December. Last year they had 500 GB Western Digital external hard drives for $30 then $20 the following week. I picked up a few of those,cracked open the cases and used the drives for my computer projects. They were 3.5" WD Caviar Green 500 Gb.

I picked up five of those WD Elements drives last year at Target for under $20 each after sales tax. Best clearance deal ever! Three of them are being used for PVR drives on my Openbox and the two Visionsats.

Just last week I found the Haier HLT71 7" ATSC TV for $39.99 at the local Goodwill store nearest my apartment..They had about 6 of them in a glass case all in original packaging with all included accessories..Unfortunately, the TV doesnt work well with the included antenna unless I go north toward Akron..Tried it today and got up to 27 channels (Cleveland, Akron, Canton)..It will work in my apartment with an indoor antenna (Terk Amplified)..Love the OTA digital picture quality...

Here's a picture of the Haier 7" TV I picked up recently-The picture is a still photo of Denny and Marge Hazen, who will be operating a radio station soon, but for now they are occupying WIVM-LD 39.4 (formerly analog-LP 52) in Canton, Ohio which began testing their digital signals today..The audio on 39-4 will be the Hazen's Radio ministry..
39-1 Regular channel-RTV/Local
39-2 and 3 America One, Tuff TV and AMG-Two out of these three
39-4 Denny/Marge Hazen

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 216
Update on WIVM-LD 39: Canton-Massillon, Ohio

39-1 RTV/Local Programming/Sports
39-2 is officially Tuff TV
39-3 is carrying the whole RTV schedule at the moment, but is believed to be only temporary
39-4 Plus/Minus 60...Denny and Marge Hazen TV audio (simulcast with 39-1) and 24 hour radio ministry..

Picture on the Haier TV is rock soild at my apartment in Southwest Canton..Analog 52 was always snowy..

Ya that same TV was 29.99 last week but I didn't order in time and it went up. They offered a free DVD with it as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts