Found a great deal on an asus laptop

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I tried one of those out. It's not good if you want a laptop. It's more of a bigger-sized PDA with wireless and a small keyboard/display. It doesn't do more than 800X600 resolution and the keyboard is smaller than standard size so it can be hard to type more than an email. The processor speed is less than 600 Mhz so it's sloooow compared to laptops these days. If you want something that you can take with you and do basic things like email, then it's okay.

I have seen $399 -$550 deals for full blown laptops. I might recommend this for the older and much younger users that have no other PC needs.

Man, I've gotta get new glasses... Every time I see this thread in the forum list, I don't read it as "asus"... :D

I tried one of those out. It's not good if you want a laptop. It's more of a bigger-sized PDA with wireless and a small keyboard/display. It doesn't do more than 800X600 resolution and the keyboard is smaller than standard size so it can be hard to type more than an email. The processor speed is less than 600 Mhz so it's sloooow compared to laptops these days. If you want something that you can take with you and do basic things like email, then it's okay.

We sold over 100 of these this Christmas in our on-line store. They are extremely popular. For what they were designed for, that is simple communication in a small and very durable product, they do a great job. They were never designed anything other than to check email and surf the net, they do an excellent job of that.

DJ Rob, your avatar got me. I actually flicked at my screen, thinking there was a bug on it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)