New iPod Touch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got a new 16GB iPod Touch for Xmas. Anyone else get one? This thing is pretty sweet and I have yet to try out the WiFi features.

I have the 8GB version. Love it. The wi-fi works well, but in general I don't use it. No reason to, as if I have wi-fi, I also have my laptop.

I use the touch for video in the gym; love it. 4" screen compared with 2" screen makes a big difference.

It takes a bit to get used to the new software, compared with classic ipod, but it is easy to figure out. Enjoy!

This is actually my first iPod other than a shuffle. I use the WiFi in bed when I don't want to have my heavy laptop. I love it, battery lasts long, and pages are easy to read. I can read most pages without zooming in as well. It also doesn't annoy the wife.

This is actually my first iPod other than a shuffle. I use the WiFi in bed when I don't want to have my heavy laptop. I love it, battery lasts long, and pages are easy to read. I can read most pages without zooming in as well. It also doesn't annoy the wife.

Yeah, that makes good sense.

The ipod touch is a great device, I just wish it had a better name. :)

how does this compare with an Iphone, my wife was thinking about changing her phone too, it looks like the same UI and the iphone does video and audio too doesnt it ? TIA

Its the same as the iPhone, without the phone, and thus, much thinner.

Don't have the phone, but they do the video, audio, and web.

Its the same as the iPhone, without the phone, and thus, much thinner.

Don't have the phone, but they do the video, audio, and web.
I bought one for my son. Its a really cool device and the best video quality Ive seen on one of these mobile screens. They crippled it in other ways. No email client, weather, microphone(so you cant do VOIP) etc. Its really stupid because you can run safari, log into say yahoo and compose email or go to weather.com for weather. No notepad either. Although it can run all of these applications they are missing.:rolleyes:

I bought one for my son. They crippled it in other ways. No email client, weather, microphone(so you cant do VOIP) etc. Its really stupid because you can run safari, log into say yahoo and compose email or go to weather .com for weather. No notepad either. Although it can run all of these applications they are missing.:rolleyes:

I have not bothered with it, but there are work-arounds that will enable access to most of the same software, except for the microphone/voip.

IMO, I prefer to have my music/entertainment seperate from my phone. First, because cell phones are not permitted where I work. Second, I like to get a new phone once a year.

IMO, I prefer to have my music/entertainment seperate from my phone. First, because cell phones are not permitted where I work. Second, I like to get a new phone once a year.

I agree. My treo is my phone/pda/portable internet. My ipod does music an video. I like to keep them separate. One of the reasons I never both with the ipod touch for wi-fi.

I just bought two 8gig touches, one for the wife and one for me. I'm impressed. This is my first iPod. The january software with mail is wonderful. This was posted from my touch.

I was at Target shopping the other night and I saw that their iPod Touches were $20 off. Hmmm, I bet they don't have the new firmware/applictions, so I think they dropped the price by the amount Apple would charge to bring it into parity with a new-from-the-Apple-Store iPod Touch.

I was at Target shopping the other night and I saw that their iPod Touches were $20 off. Hmmm, I bet they don't have the new firmware/applictions, so I think they dropped the price by the amount Apple would charge to bring it into parity with a new-from-the-Apple-Store iPod Touch.

I got mine for $20 off at Sam's Club last fall. I doubt the folks in Target even know about the different software.

I bought my 2 from Wal-Mart, with the $20 off. I then bought the upgrade at the iTunes store, and requested a refund for the $20, and they granted it.

Just buy the upgrade and ask them, nicely, to give you the $ back since you bought it after the keynote.

LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts