Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
AMC 21 12.168, H, 4444
vpid - 0177
cas free
apid 16564
ppid 0177

Found it while blind scanning for the new Life Real Women channel.
Didn't find the channel I wanted but I found this. It looks like they are editing videos live here. Like back when we had out big giant dish in the 80'd and 90's

Also found a channel with color bar screen that says SC ETV at 12176 H 4444

Yes, I've been reading and playing a little. I want that new women's channel and I'm gonna find it if it hairlips the devil. :cool:

I guess I'm going to have to put one of those darn things up.

Kinda gonna be tough though, I'm mad as :censored: at my roomie's boyfriend, I could have used him for the labor. But his sins are unforgivable and I hold a grudge forever and then some. So I guess I'll have to pay a neighbor to do it...

edit: OMG.. I'm a dunce. Y'all need to add a dunce cap smilie for me. It's BBC world news, not BBS. Duh... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dee, you could always put up a PortaBUD! :) They're real easy to build and set up, all you need for support is a wooden pallet and some cinder blocks...

I tried the Lifetime channel using the numbers on Lyngsat. All I could get was a nice steady 41Q (DS2076/Coolsat 5000). Below the red line. It must be a fairly weak channel. All the PBS channels come in at around 78Q. Has anyone tried it on a larger dish?

Dee, you could always put up a PortaBUD! :) They're real easy to build and set up, all you need for support is a wooden pallet and some cinder blocks...

Oh no..... No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...........................

I looked at the pictures oh those things. :eek: No. Not happening..

Besides, I live in hurricane alley. We get them pretty much every year.. Some bad, some not so bad and some REAL BAD...

I think, not....

I'm still lustin' for that nice BUD you and your g/f found on vacation last year!
But, maybe there's a nice one closer to home.

That thing was just too darn big. My eyes overloaded my plate as they say.

And there's the problem of my BFF / roomie, her estranged husband lives near there and we are both scared of him, he's quite the hate filled psycho so we just stay totally away from that part of the world.

And really, it's far, far beyond my ability to deal with something like that. I can barely get a 40lb bag of dog food out of the car and into the house. That dish we saw? It probably weighs as much as a dozen 1950 Buicks.. And it would cost a fortune to have it installed to be hurricane proof.

To be totally realistic it's just waaaaay too much. If anything I should go dig one of those old dishes at our old property out of the weeds and see if one of them can be used. I imagine all the stuff on them is rusted and will have to be replaced. I'm sure I can find new parts for them through some of the sponsors here.

I'm still at a loss as how to attach that new motor to that 1 meter primestar dish I found on the side of the garage. Oh well.. :rolleyes: I guess I'll just buy a new dish that is made for putting on a motor.

:)

Oh no..... No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...........................

I looked at the pictures oh those things. :eek: No. Not happening..

Besides, I live in hurricane alley. We get them pretty much every year.. Some bad, some not so bad and some REAL BAD...

I think, not....

Actually, it was the threat of hurricanes that prompted me to go with a dish that could be broken down and stored easily by one person. If (when) a hurricane again threatens the New Orleans area, it will be a relatively simple matter to remove the six foot reflector, and stash it (and the portable stand) somewhere safe.

I tried the Lifetime channel using the numbers on Lyngsat. All I could get was a nice steady 41Q (DS2076/Coolsat 5000). Below the red line. It must be a fairly weak channel. All the PBS channels come in at around 78Q. Has anyone tried it on a larger dish?

it might be S2 because thew Sathawk grabs it but there isnt that channel there
Only channel it logs is SITV which is sacrambled

I have no idea whether it was S2 or not, but it was reported a month ago on Rick's board as 8PSK. I didn't see any followup as to whether it stuck around.

First reported at LFTA board on Dec 5th.

AMC21 125.0W

11979 V 29998 DVB-S2 QPSK

sathint.com still has it listed ITC but i havent personally checked in a couple weeks.

It took me a while to figure out what transponder was being discussed here, since there is a Lifetime on the C-band side, and most of the channels on this transponder weren't really associated with lifetime if I remember right.

But anyway, that transponder definately WAS DVB-S2 8PSK, however I don't know what it is now. It is basically the strongest transponder on the sat for me right now, and yet I can't lock it. Tried every FEC/pilot combination of S2-8PSK, and it won't lock. Even tried turbo 8PSK. I'm going to hook it up to SW to see if maybe it changed SR, as it looks like it might be a bit wider than before, but not by much.

Maybe they switched to trellis 8PSK?

EDIT: NEVER MIND. I tried again, and it locked right in. It is still DVB-S2 8PSK. Good strong signal. However I'm not seeing anything FTA there now, and it looks like there are fewer channels in the mux too. Only 2 video channels scanned in. I'm going to look with TSREADER.

Last edited:
Pulled the transponder up with TSREADER. Boy is that a lot of wasted space.
2 SD video and about 16 radio, all encrypted, and about 72% null stream wasted space.

So the new Lifetime channel is scrambled or is in some weird style my satellite card doesn't understand?

I guess the bottom line is, I'm not going to be watching it with the stuff I have, right?

:river :river :river :river

So the new Lifetime channel is scrambled or is in some weird style my satellite card doesn't understand?

I guess the bottom line is, I'm not going to be watching it with the stuff I have, right?

:river :river :river :river
The channel isn't there anymore.
The only 2 video channels there is something called Green, and another channel called SiTV . Both are scrambled, but from the EIT, it looks like SiTV has a lot of PBS style programs and Green seems to be environmental related programming. The LRW channel isn't scrambled, it is just gone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)