Found out how to program Newer Voom Remotes For TV and such

bratboy

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2005
Denver CO
Well, I found out how your supposed to do it with the new remotes (with a heart on em) after I re-called Voom at 1866-522-8666. This time got someone I was able to explain the issue to that was actually very helpful & went and looked up/found the info. Am assuming the same change applies for programing control of a VCR.

Anyway the steps are ALMOST the same hehe but with one minor change

Step 1, Turn on TV

Step 2, Press TV & OK button till Voom Square lites

Step 3, Now, this is where the change is you press the Ch+ once then the MUTE button. If tv goes off hit tv button and your done. If it doesnt shut off then you hit Ch+ again and mute again. Lather rinse repeat till TV does turn off. Then hit TV button again and viola its programed.

Hope this helps anyone else having the issue. I posted info in another thread but thought should also post this as a seprate thread for those with prob but not following that thread. If was unnessisary mods pls delete it. Thanks

Bratboy :D

Curious

bratboy said:
Well, I found out how your supposed to do it with the new remotes (with a heart on em) after I re-called Voom at 1866-522-8666. This time got someone I was able to explain the issue to that was actually very helpful & went and looked up/found the info. Am assuming the same change applies for programing control of a VCR.

Anyway the steps are ALMOST the same hehe but with one minor change

Step 1, Turn on TV

Step 2, Press TV & OK button till Voom Square lites

Step 3, Now, this is where the change is you press the Ch+ once then the MUTE button. If tv goes off hit tv button and your done. If it doesnt shut off then you hit Ch+ again and mute again. Lather rinse repeat till TV does turn off. Then hit TV button again and viola its programed.

Hope this helps anyone else having the issue. I posted info in another thread but thought should also post this as a seprate thread for those with prob but not following that thread. If was unnessisary mods pls delete it. Thanks

Bratboy :D

Just out of curiosity, did your remote have fast forward, play, stop, pause and rewind on it. To my knowledge, the dvr remotes, and possibly the new 580's are the only units with a heart on them.

Yes, it has 3 rows at the bottom (my rendition of last 4 rows hehe)

[ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]
[ * ] [ 0 ] [help]
[<<] ["/>] [>>]
[skip] [stop] [heart]

Also if you remove the batterys inside on one side can see model number. Mine say (have 3) UR3-SAT-CV01-DVR if that helps :)

Dvr!!

Certainly sounds like a DVR remote to me. Anyone want to query why it would be coming out with standard STB's if it weren't going to be released soon.

Well, Voom prolly already making notes that I'm a pest hehe, but when I called I also had asked about the DVR Units themselves. I was told that they did have a proto type box but were doing more testing to make sure it worked right. Was told they didnt wanna release em till they were sure they worked right to avoid a lot of upset customers if they were buggy. Now whether this is just a big fish tale or truth I have no idea. For now I'll cross my fingers and hope. I get the movie channels for free for 2 months so kept my DTV/TIVO going for now but wanna give DTV the boot completely soon as possible or at least by the time VaVa cost goes up on me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)