Four Sat's?

fr8flyr

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 4, 2003
Providence Forge, VA
I currently have a 500 and a 300 for 61.5 feed with an SW64 switch and 4 receivers. I wanted to get the SuperDish, as it is required for locals in my area, now it looks like I will need to receive the 61.5 bird also. I will need outputs for 6 receivers, 721, 921, 510, 301, and inputs for 4 Sat’s. Does anyone know if this configuration is possible and if so how to set it up?

Earl

I don't know about legacy configurations but I do know that the dishpro receivers are only programmed to look at the DP44 switch for four satellites at this time but it is not supposed to be available until early next year. So if you can wait you should use two DP44 switches that would be the easiest solution.

Thanks Mike,
I was hoping there would be some way to do this before the DP44 switch comes out. I really didn't think there would be but I was hoping.

Earl

Since SuperDish is DP only, you will have to go with a DP setup. SuperDish will cover three birds for you 110/119/105 or 121 which you can feed directly into a DP34, setup a 300 with DP Single, get yourself some high quality splitter (depending on how many of your receivers need to see 61.5), make sure only one side of the splitter lets voltage pass through. What you can also do is, buy a 1 to 2 splitter, which has one side voltage pass through, then, get another splitter rated up to 2.25Ghz and connect it to non-voltage side of the 2-output splitter. Now, grab yourself as many DP21 switches you need, and you're all set but I must warn you, its gonna cost you :(

Oh and, the receiver thats hooked to the voltage pass throug of the 2-output splitter must always be connected to wall outlet for power, or there will be no signal from that LNBF.

Only the 921 would need to see the 61.5 bird, I could daisy chain DP34 switches for the rest of the feeds. Would both inuts for the 921 need to see all the Sat's or could I just put a DP LNB on the 300 and run a feed from the 300 into one input of the 921.

Earl

Yes, currently both of the inputs need to see it. So, all you need now is, 2 DP21s + 1 Voltage Pass Through Splitter + DP Single, and you're set.

Hi, I have tried a DP21 switch coming off of a DP34 output and the 508 receiver can see the three satellites just fine but it can not see the fourth satellite hooked to the second input on the DP21 switch and I belive it is just because the receivers have not be progammed to use that setup yet.

Only way I have heard of it working with DP stuff is if you have a legacy adapter and use the legacy SW-21 between the reciever and the adapter since the adapter pretends to be a SW64. Of course the 4th satellite has to be legacy too.

MikeHDTulsa said:
Hi, I have tried a DP21 switch coming off of a DP34 output and the 508 receiver can see the three satellites just fine but it can not see the fourth satellite hooked to the second input on the DP21 switch and I belive it is just because the receivers have not be progammed to use that setup yet.

I think they said on the last tech chat that a DP21/DP34 will not be supported because they feel the receiver cannot supply enough power for four LNB's and two switches.

I have a setup with a SW64 and an SW21 for 4 sats on a 6000. That doesn't bring all four to all receivers, though.

I've heard that two SW64's can be daisy chained in some manner to provide for up to 7 or 8 receivers, but don't know any details.

Dishnetwork has a diagram on their web site too: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/redirect/index.asp?target=pdf_distribution_installation&download=true&url=http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/installation/install-5.pdf

Both of the examples are only for 3 Sat inputs. I will need 4 Sat inputs in order to get the locals and not give up the 61.5 HD channels.

Earl

fr8flyr said:
Both of the examples are only for 3 Sat inputs. I will need 4 Sat inputs in order to get the locals and not give up the 61.5 HD channels.

Earl

Use an SW21 between the SW64 and the Receiver, put an input from the 4th sat on input 2 of the SW21, Run one of the outputs of the SW64 to input 1 of the SW21.

Bruce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)