Fox/American Idol

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank7004

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Indiana
Man does this suck or what. Anyone else having problems with it bouncing between formats and sound quality or is it just me?

Annoying.

I agree, there's nothing showing on our immediate channel issue list. If it's still occurring, post your DMA and call letters of the station and I shall report it
I know WWCP Fox TV 8 (Johnstown/Altoona, PA) was good tonight. But I usually hear a static sound and then the words and the image don't match up. This could be a few seconds up to a few minutes. Very annoying. I don't know who's the problem if it's Dish or WWCP. I want this fix. (Or maybe it is already I'll let you know)

Man does this suck or what. Anyone else having problems with it bouncing between formats and sound quality or is it just me?

Annoying.

I dont watch American Idol, but I notice that with other FOX programming that I watch(specifically House, and Fringe). I get KAYU out of the Spokane DMA

That is just due to incompetent engineers at the local station, nothing to do with DISH network or FOX.
Many local stations have not quite switched to HiDef and they format the content to 16:9 when they do news and commercials that are still SD, and then when they feed the HD signal from the show, they switch to real HD.
Half the time they don't time the switch correctly, and it results in behavior like what you experienced watching American Idol.

I find it totally crazy. Whats even more crazy is I know people that pay for high def commercials, and they aren't broadcasting them in high def. Sending you a PM Matt

I put in a couple reports about it, and will be sending an email here very shortly

I need one more person to send me an account number/phone number

Please try to be as detailed as possible with the problem also

It may be something else tonight.... lot's of stuff on channel issue list (one of our uplink centers is down)

The Monee Regional Uplink Facility is currently experiencing a signal outage.
If you receive a call from a customer experiencing signal loss in any of the below DMAs DO NOT run a check switch test.
Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Minneapolis, MN; Cleveland, OH; St. Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; Nashville, TN; Kansas City, MO; Cincinnati, OH; Milwaukee, WI; Grand Rapids, MI; Birmingham, AL; Louisville, KY; Mobile, AL; Tulsa, OK; Flint, MI; Wichita, KS; Green Bay, WI; Toledo, OH; Des Moines, IA; Omaha, NE; Springfield, MO; Paducah, KY; Champaign, IL; Huntsville, AL; Madison, WI; Chattanooga, TN; South Bend, IN; Cedar Rapids, IA; Davenport, IA; Evansville, IN; Ft. Smith, AZ; Lincoln, NE; Ft. Wayne, IN; Lansing, MI; Travers City, MI; Sioux Falls, SD; Peoria, IL; Montgomery, AL; Fargo, ND; La Crosse, WI; Rockford, IL; Wausau, WI; Duluth, MN; Columbia, MO; Topeka, KS; Joplin, MO; Terre Haute, IN; Rochester, MN; Quincy, IL; Hattiesburg, MS; Jackson, TN; Marquette, MI; Bowling Green, KY; Meridian, MS; Ottumwa, IA; Mankato, MN; St. Joseph, MO; Zanesville, OH; Alpena, MI; North Platte, NE

I was watching Idol through OTA so I obviously didn't have a problem, but I was also recording stuff on my CBS station through Dish at the same time so I wonder if some of that got cut off? I've been watching my NBC station through Dish since 9PM ET and have had no problems so far. (BTW, I'm in the Detroit DMA)

I would blame it on the installer actually.

I know it isn't "dish" but they are the tail end of the broadcast...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)