Fox Announces Q1 Blu-ray Titles

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Here are the titles to be released from Fox Q1 2008, with additional information.

Fox Announces Q1 Blu-ray Titles

Posted January 4, 2008 by Josh

fox.jpg
Fox Home Entertainment has announced six upcoming Blu-ray titles, all with street dates during the first quarter of 2008. Included in the list is the delayed Blu-ray release of 'Independence Day' which will see release on March 11th, the same date as the newly announced and highly anticipated 'I, Robot'.

MAN ON FIRE (January 8th): Authored in BD-Java using MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual layer disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French.

WALL STREET (February 5th): Authored in MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual layer disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus features include:
  • Commentary by Oliver Stone
  • Intro by Oliver Stone
  • Greed is Good-Featurette
  • Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Director Oliver Stone
  • Money Never Sleeps - The Making of Wall Street
ME, MYSELF & IRENE (February 5th): Authored in MPEG2 compression and presented on a 25GB disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include:
  • Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly
  • Crap on the Lawn
  • My Cow Likes The Road
  • Warming The Melon
  • Morning After
  • Can't Find My Wallet
  • Hat On Fire
  • Dear Old Dad
  • Sex Flashback
  • Hank and Charlie Disagree
  • Extended Butt Chin Scene
  • Theatrical Trailers
ICE AGE (March 4th): Authored in MPEG2 compression and presented on a 25GB disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include:
  • Commentary by Director Chris Wedge and Co-Director Carlos Saldanha
  • Deleted Scenes with commentary by Director Chris Wedge and Co-Director Carlos Saldanha
  • "Paying Toll"with Aardvarks
  • Sylvia and Sid Introduction
  • Sabre Stake Out
  • No More Fruit For You
  • Sid and the Ladies
  • Sid and Sylvia
  • Gone Nutty – Scrat's Missing Adventure
  • Theatrical Teaser
  • Theatrical Trailers
INDEPENDENCE DAY (March 11th): Authored in BD-Java using MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual-layer disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include:
  • Scene Specific Commentary by Director Roland Emerich and Producer Dean Devlin
  • Commentary by Oscar-Winning FX supervisors Volker Engel and Doug Smith
  • Trivia Track
  • Search Content
  • Personal Scene Selections
  • Alien Scavenger Hunt (Java Game)
  • D-Box Technology
  • Theatrical Teaser
  • Theatrical Trailers
I, ROBOT (March 11th) : Authored in BD-Java using MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual-layer disc English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include: Commentary by Director Alex Proyas and Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman
  • Commentary by Screenwriter Jeff Vintar
  • Commentary by Composer Marco Beltrami with isolated cues from the score
  • I, Robot Trivia Track
  • Extended and Deleted Scenes
  • D-Box Technology

Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink

So, for the 10-20 people out there that can actually experience the DTS-MA tracks in all their glory from Fox, I bet Ice Age and ID4 are gonna be sweet.

I, Robot looked majestic in HD when it aired on premium cable. I can only imagine how it will look and sound in BD.

I saw it the other day on TV, it looked great, the BD version will be off the chart.

I, Robot looked majestic...
This remains one of best reference quality regular DVDs.
Hopefully they learned the lesson and don't f*ck it it up like Sony did 5th Element - another reference quality regular DVD.
The fact MPEG-2 will be used leaves some doubts...

Diogen.

Unfortunately, these aren't the catalog titles I've been waiting for. Bring on Dances with Wolves already. It's been a year since it was postponed/cancelled.

S~

Warner to Back Blu-ray Exclusively

CES: Marantz Will Debut BD8002 at CES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts