Fox Business Channel!

My experience is that most day-traders are left-wing types... or don't care types.

Of course 90% of them lose money. Just my experience.

Something for nothing is intrinsic to the history of the Dems.

Then again, I'm not happy with the Republicans... but remain better than the alternative.

Why are we discussing politics here? Just want FBN without having to switch to DirecTV

Sorry, but I can't imagine a left winger even having a portfolio. Don't they usually just give it away as social programs?

Sorry to jump in to this but the current 'right wing' has brought us such fiscal hits as 'Deficits Don't Matter' and a 45% drop in the US Dollar over 5 years against other major currencies.

People that live in glass houses...

I am doing away with Comcast ASAP. I guess since Dish don't offer Fox business then I will not offer Dish Network my money.

P.S. It sounds like some in here are upset that Fox news gives people an option other than a one sided assault that comes with other networks.

Sorry to jump in to this but the current 'right wing' has brought us such fiscal hits as 'Deficits Don't Matter' and a 45% drop in the US Dollar over 5 years against other major currencies.

People that live in glass houses...

Yeah, you are right.... I wish Jimmy Carter were back in office *sarcasm*. I long for the days of ridiculously high interest rates. The republicans are ruining everything, right? Maybe Hillary will win next year and fix everything?

Go to the pit if you want to cast blame on the republicans. This is not the place for that. You can say what you want over there, as ridiculous as you sound.

Nine cents per subscriber multiplied by 13.6 million subscribers is what, $1.2 million dollars per month? That's not exactly chicken feed.

Regards,
Fitzie

Yeah, you are right.... I wish Jimmy Carter were back in office *sarcasm*. I long for the days of ridiculously high interest rates. The republicans are ruining everything, right? Maybe Hillary will win next year and fix everything?

Go to the pit if you want to cast blame on the republicans. This is not the place for that. You can say what you want over there, as ridiculous as you sound.

Not saying the Democrats are any better but the facts about the current administration's fiscal policies don't lie...

I hope they don't give it in my package. I love the idea my $ don't go to Fox News, it would great if they don't go to Fox Business either.

Oh here we go again...:rolleyes: Take it to the Pit.......

I agree! Isn't it funny that a question concerning channel addition turns into a rant concerning a position taken on a particular subject. People today just cannot seem to stay on topic. I guess they need Ritalin to help them out. :cool: Oh yea, back on topic. Bring on all HD channels. In my opinion, it gives me more to choose from and broadens my horizons. :D

Nine cents per subscriber multiplied by 13.6 million subscribers is what, $1.2 million dollars per month? That's not exactly chicken feed.

Regards,
Fitzie

There's no way Dish would put FBN on the lower tiers . .probably just 250 , knowing how tight Charlie is.

Fox News the most popular channel comes on the 200 level, so it possibly could go on that one as well.

So the 9 cents would only apply to the tier that its on.

I agree! Isn't it funny that a question concerning channel addition turns into a rant concerning a position taken on a particular subject. People today just cannot seem to stay on topic. I guess they need Ritalin to help them out. :cool: Oh yea, back on topic. Bring on all HD channels. In my opinion, it gives me more to choose from and broadens my horizons. :D

jeez, it's we can have endless posts about people not wanting to pay for Voom, but whenever someone expresses they don't want to pay for anything Fox related in any forum, there is always this pouting.

jeez, it's we can have endless posts about people not wanting to pay for Voom, but whenever someone expresses they don't want to pay for anything Fox related in any forum, there is always this pouting.

No pouting son, you're just mixing apples and oranges. Discussing Voom content to support your position for Dish not carrying these channels is different than staking out a political reason for not carrying a channel. I'll say it again; take political discussions to the Pit. :mad:

I guess since Charlie, Candice, and Jim are throwing their support behind Hilary, we won't be seeing the republican business channel... Sorry, I mean the Fox Business Channel on Dish any time soon.

I've never understood why E* has Fox News out of its basic package.

Because FNC costs more per sub per month than CNN? :eureka

I can't believe FOX screwed up a give-me with FBN. They should have given it to everyone free (DISH, cable, etc) and tell them to put it in the basic tier and then they can negotiate in 6 months or a year if anyone cares (or get enough people hooked onto the channel to be able to charge something for it).

The way they are doing things, I'm quite happy with their foul-up! I have AT100 so I'll never have to try it out or maybe even watch that channel or pay for it if charlie eventually gets it and sticks it in the AT200 or higher tiers.

NBC Universal is the brightest business channel programmer by not being fussy and letting CNBC get to the masses. I love my CNBC (and the sexy Erin Burnett!!!!!) :hungry:

I guess since Charlie, Candice, and Jim are throwing their support behind Hilary, we won't be seeing the republican business channel... Sorry, I mean the Fox Business Channel on Dish any time soon.

I take what I read here with a grain of salt, as do I take what spews from "Charlie's" mouth. Is he really a liberal and Hillary backer? I never understood why anybody with money would be a liberal. Do they like handing over there money to the bottom feeders of society with social programs? Most bigwigs in companies are business minded and republican, but those liberal types baffle me. They scare me in a way. What has gotten into them to be a liberal? John Edwards, two Americas.... yeah, that is the way it should be!! He says it like it is a bad thing. We are not all created equal, and we are not entitled to have what he has or she has. We are entitled to nothing and only deserve anything by means of hard work. For every person crying that they are kept down and can't get ahead, I'll show you somebody that is barely putting in a 40 hour week. If you can't handle your situation, get a second job, don't expect money out of my pocket, because it isn't yours (although Hillary and co. would like it to be).

Sorry about the rant outside the pit... that Charlie is a fool if he is another liberal with money. What makes him tick? Yeah, Hillary is going to do a lot for Dish. You think the economy is bad now under Bush, wait until she tries rolling out her disastrous national health care plan. In my home Dish is secondary to cable, it will be one of the first things I drop if my economy turns south.

Anyway.... Fox Business looks great, even in SD... the content is good (for a baby network) and the flow and look of the screen are great. I was hoping to get it in HD on dish but I'll settle for the SD version on cable for now.

Can we get some moderating here? Please open a post in the pit and transfer the rants out of this post..... I don't care to hear political talk/view from either side..... I do care to hear information about whether or not Dish will carry this channel though.

Because FNC costs more per sub per month than CNN? :eureka

I can't believe FOX screwed up a give-me with FBN. They should have given it to everyone free (DISH, cable, etc) and tell them to put it in the basic tier and then they can negotiate in 6 months or a year if anyone cares (or get enough people hooked onto the channel to be able to charge something for it).

The way they are doing things, I'm quite happy with their foul-up! I have AT100 so I'll never have to try it out or maybe even watch that channel or pay for it if charlie eventually gets it and sticks it in the AT200 or higher tiers.

NBC Universal is the brightest business channel programmer by not being fussy and letting CNBC get to the masses. I love my CNBC (and the sexy Erin Burnett!!!!!) :hungry:

why should they give it away? there are very high expectations of fox business from us fans of fox news channel. they have nothing to prove to the public, as they have already built a huge name with fox news channel.

you give away a network that needs to prove itself, not this baby. Dish is just going to piss people off by not adding it right away like DirecTV and the cable providers.

I have no love for Dish, they are secondary to my cable subscription. There is a reason I paid a little more up front with Dish and didn't commit. I'll give them until spring to up their HD content and even add Fox Business. If they don't, I'll switch to DirecTV as my secondary.

Can we get some moderating here? Please open a post in the pit and transfer the rants out of this post..... I don't care to hear political talk/view from either side..... I do care to hear information about whether or not Dish will carry this channel though.

sorry... first I'd heard Charlie was a lib and was inquiring... it sure says a lot. I wondered from the start why Fox News Channel wasn't on their AT100 when I originally signed up and took that tier. I had to switch to 250 to get it and it looks pretty bad on Dish, even for an SD channel. So I continue to watch Fox News on cable, and now Fox Business. Hate to rub it in but even for an SD channel on my newest HD TV, this channel looks good. Wait 'til you get it, you won't be disappointed in the channel ;)