Fox Business Channel!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
why should they give it away?

how are you going to get anyone to clammor for a network noone can see?

FBN has to be one of the smallest cable launches from an established cable programmer (who can watch it other than DIRECTV and a few cable systems here and there?)

Giving it away from free gives you mass carriage and eyeballs right away (and the fees will come if the ratings are any good, as FNC has proven).

right now, most of the country is blind to FBN and advertisers aren't getting their message out.

If FBN is at all like Fox News then who would want it? I'd hate to base any of my portfolio decisions on a one sided, biased right wing fringe group's "reporting" of the financial markets.

Wow! Are you really saying that you base your investments on what you learn on TV???

Fox launches new channel - Fox Business News

On Monday, 10/15/7, Fox launched a new channel, dedicated to Business, Fox Business Channel. Any infor out there on when Dish will carry this new channel?

FBN has to be one of the smallest cable launches from an established cable programmer (who can watch it other than DIRECTV and a few cable systems here and there?)

Actually, I have heard just the opposite, it is one of the larger launches of a cable channel. My problem with my cable company is that they didn't even announce it. I knew about it from the Internet and specifically looked for it on day one. They added it right away and just didn't say anything. I am surprised Dish didn't get it, but again, it says a lot if Charlie is a liberal. He doesn't want it. But I don't care. I get cable and Dish because I am never happy with my offerings and two providers give me more of what I want. I thought I wanted Verizon FIOS when they come to my neighborhood but reading on here, they are now falling way behind on HD. That is a shame because they have the bandwidth to add it all. Meanwhile, my cable company (BHN) has duplicated 8 HD channels to test the bandwidth for launch of 7-8 more HD channels in December. I am getting constant macro blocking since the testing started. They are really pushing their limits.

I really don't think Fox Biz has anything to prove. Half the on air personalities are made up of the Fox News crew, and I am sure the behnd the scenes folks are the same as well. They know what they are doing. They won't fail. The channel looks and feels great, as I expected.

If FBN is at all like Fox News then who would want it? I'd hate to base any of my portfolio decisions on a one sided, biased right wing fringe group's "reporting" of the financial markets.

Wow! Are you really saying that you base your investments on what you learn on TV???

Take the rants to the Pit where they belong! This is a thread about the merits of the channel, not the channel's perceived political leanings! :mad:

Take the rants to the Pit where they belong! This is a thread about the merits of the channel, not the channel's perceived political leanings! :mad:

Perceived? Please! If Fox and their channels aren't right wing then CNN isn't leaning to the left!
FBN will be fair and balanced... to Haliburton! :rolleyes:

Perceived? Please! If Fox and their channels aren't right wing then CNN isn't leaning to the left!

Didn't we just get through killing a half million of you democrats? Or is your memory of history really that short?

Heck yeah, Jim Cramer is right alot more than he is wrong. I've made bucks watching his show. FBN will add to the mix as CNBC can't cover it all. I just wish they would keep the politics out of the business talk unless it directly affects business.:up

Actually, I have heard just the opposite, it is one of the larger launches of a cable channel.

FBN launched with just south of 30 million households. In comparison, FNC can be seen in 85 million households, CNN in 88 million households, and ESPN in 100 million households. FBN is small nuts compared to the big boys and there really is no excuse FBN couldn't have launched to at least 60-75 million if the launch carriage contracts were done right (both in getting contracts signed early and in the contract terms of initial carriage).

The only way you can watch FBN where I live is on DIRECTV (not on cable, not on DISH) so obviously not a very large number of households at launch.

FBN launched with just south of 30 million households. In comparison, FNC can be seen in 85 million households, CNN in 88 million households, and ESPN in 100 million households. FBN is small nuts compared to the big boys and there really is no excuse FBN couldn't have launched to at least 60-75 million if the launch carriage contracts were done right (both in getting contracts signed early and in the contract terms of initial carriage).

The only way you can watch FBN where I live is on DIRECTV (not on cable, not on DISH) so obviously not a very large number of households at launch.

30 million isn't a huge launch? haha... over a third the number of Fox News subscribers on day one... sounds pretty darn good to me. I don't think most channels launch with that many households on day one. Don't kid yourself.

I agree. Al Jazeera is more fair and balanced then Fox.

As far as if we should keep partisanship out of it when discussing Dish Channel additions: The content of the channel is a huge factor in deciding if a channel should be offered in a specific package because in the end we are charged for it - and not 9 cents either.

I agree. Al Jazeera is more fair and balanced then Fox.

As far as if we should keep partisanship out of it when discussing Dish Channel additions: The content of the channel is a huge factor in deciding if a channel should be offered in a specific package because in the end we are charged for it - and not 9 cents either.

Wow, you've actually watched Al Jazeera? Have you even watched, actually watched, sat and watched, Fox News Channel?

Didn't think so. Typical liberal koolaid drink, you are. You are probably basing your opinion of Fox on out of context Youtube snippets of Bill O'Reilly, which is opinion, not a news broadcast, or you have read liberal blogs bashing it. But I doubt you have actually watched the channel like I and many others have.

Again, whether or not, or when, Dish will offer Fox Business is the real question here. If you don't like paying for Fox Business, too bad. There are stations I don't like paying for. Every channel has its crowd that would like to see it gone. It is irrelevant that you don't think Fox is fair or should be offered. The channel will at some point be offered on Dish, we all KNOW that, so it is a matter of when? Have they signed a deal yet? When?........when when when? not IF! If it is true that Charlie is a lib and Hillary supporter, sure, it may end up in the AT250. Fine... put it in the 250 package.. but it will be added. But when?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts