FOX Dispute?

...I subscribe for 8 or 9 channels. That's it. You've pulled those off. I get it. But I also deserve bill credits.

Get the channel back or give us credits. Simple.

...but if you take my channels away and dont give me credit for them, then Dish can shove it. ...
I am just curious, which is more important to you, getting the channels back, or getting the credits? If you truly want the channels back, then canceling and switching may be the best option for you, at least for now. Then, when Comcast drops channels you want, you can either come back to Dish, switch to someone else, or bug Comcast for credits on the bill.

Prefer channels. But if not, then credits. Not right for Dish to have it both ways.

Cable guys have very few drops. Why is that? Because they just stay above it, and charge the customer.

But Dish should not get it both ways. Dish views channel take downs as a profit center. That's wrong on every level

I am just curious, which is more important to you, getting the channels back, or getting the credits? If you truly want the channels back, then canceling and switching may be the best option for you, at least for now. Then, when Comcast drops channels you want, you can either come back to Dish, switch to someone else, or bug Comcast for credits on the bill.

Not our problem. Lobby Congress. Don't put your customer in the middle of your problems.

Actually, its up to us as consumers to lobby our congress people and senators. We didn't have this crap (at least with locals) until the laws were change to "retransmission consent".

I have been with Dish for 22 years and back then they didn't carry locals at all, but you could get the major networks for east and west coast. The broadcasters didn't like that, and eventually with more satellites and spot beams we were able to get locals and the laws became "must carry" just like the cable providers (the downside was losing the ability to get out of area networks). At that point in time, things weren't so bad for local network availability, but the greedy a-hole broadcast owners still weren't happy so they lobbied congress to change the laws to it's current situation.

In my personal opinion, if a channel is available over the air, the owners have no right to charge cable and satellite providers extra to carry them. Of course the NAB is hugely powerful and have bought off our corrupt representatives who have also failed in their anti-trust responsibilities by allowing the continued mergers and acquisitions of most network stations into a very few mega corporations. Where is the monopoly buster Teddy Roosevelt when you need him!

What's interesting is that a station can choose "must carry" vs "retransmission consent" if they want, but most don't, hence the non-stop disputes. Cable Carriage of Broadcast Stations

Does anyone have Hulu live TV? If so, how do you like it? Do you get the FS1 channel? Looks like the best choice I am seeing for my 4k Firestick.
It is what I am currently using. I bounce between it and YTTV. With the latest update (hasn't made it to the fire tv yet) It is IMO on par with YTTV.

I had it and liked it but had to get rid of it. They only let you watch in one zip code. You can change the zip code but only 4 times a year.
Does that mean I could watch PA locals and RSN in FL by changing the zip code?

I get there is a dispute. Once again though we pay 100% of our bills - and DISH does not have the channels. Got it. There's a dispute. But we absolutely deserve a credit on our bills. DISH is not paying Fox. DISH is not paying Sinclair for the FSN channels. But the bills have not gone down one cent.

Each one of us is entitled to a credit for all of this. So tired of DISH pocketing the money they save. We are all getting hosed.

Exactly.

That’s why the stations come down instead of leaving then up and doing a true up later, because they can’t do a tru up on customers bills after the fact

Exactly.

That’s why the stations come down instead of leaving then up and doing a true up later, because they can’t do a tru up on customers bills after the fact
Huh? That sounds like a reason why Dish would not want to do a true up (since they could not charge us the higher rate retroactively to cover the increased payment to the broadcaster) but Dish is the one offering the true up. The broadcasters do not bill the customers directly, their customer is Dish, so they would get paid the same either way, whether the customer bills reflect the change or not.

Reactions: dare2be
Yeah, the true-up negates the claims that Dish is profiting during the time that the channels are down. Once an agreement is reached, Dish would retroactively pay for the missed time, and pay the higher newly contracted rates.

The main reason for channels to be removed is to generate leverage for both sides by making the consumers collateral damage.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
It would be alright if Dish would let you out of your contract w/o having to pay a termination fee. Come January (when my contract is up) I'm going elsewhere. I don't need this crap.:oldmad:oldmad

Reactions: tspangle
It would be alright if Dish would let you out of your contract w/o having to pay a termination fee. Come January (when my contract is up) I'm going elsewhere. I don't need this crap.:oldmad:oldmad
While that sounds good, the point of a contract is you're trading a locked in time-period for a discounted service. There is risk involved in doing so, but you are informed of that risk and penalty for breaking the contract prematurely. If you can't tolerate that risk, then don't get into the contract.

That's one of the biggest beefs I have with player sports contracts. Players shouldn't be able to hold out if they haven't fulfilled their contract and both parties haven't agreed to nullify the contract.

That’s not the way it works of course. But I’ll tell you, just like I told my best friend, chasing channels is an effort in frustration. Channel contract contentions are up across the board this year and I expect it to get worse as cable/sat keep losing customers and they need to tighten their belts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Faux and Dish had better remember one thing. A lot of us have the cord cut halfway already. I get 30 useable channels OTA, including a Faux affiliate. I only use Dish for the national cable networks not provided OTA. We are not hostages. At a certain point many of us will go full cord cutter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)