FOX HD and NBC HD go out every night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JMIZZ

Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
VIP722
Software L448
Device Dpp44, dual(1), sngl(2), Dband(3), Dband(4)

Fox HD and NBC HD are not coming in, Dish network says that those channels come in on sat 118, and when I go to point dish I get around 50-60 signal strength on the sat, when I go to system info one I get a orange box on sat 129 and a red X on 118, ran check switch and nothing happened.
Called dish support and they said some bull sh*t about having to check problems on their end and either it would be fixed or somebody would get back to me. I'm not holding my breath. You Guys got any ideas on how I can trouble shoot this to find out where the problem lies. There might be other channels that I don't know about yet but so far only those two HD channels appear to be OTS. Thanks BTW in St. Louis

Last edited by a moderator:
Your dish is just slightly out of line. I install in the STL market, and we get these service calls ALL the time.

The STL HD locals use 2 transponders on the 118 satellite. Channels 2 & 5 are on transponder 18. 4 and 30 are on transponder 11.

Go in to the signal meter and look at thos two transponders on the 118. If I had to guess i'd say you'll only be at about 20 on transponder 18

Your dish is just slightly out of line. I install in the STL market, and we get these service calls ALL the time.

The STL HD locals use 2 transponders on the 118 satellite. Channels 2 & 5 are on transponder 18. 4 and 30 are on transponder 11.

Go in to the signal meter and look at thos two transponders on the 118. If I had to guess i'd say you'll only be at about 20 on transponder 18

you guessed to high, only getting around 10 on sat 118 on transponder 18. Is there anywhere online that I can get a list of what channels belong to what satellite and transponder, for future reference.

you guessed to high, only getting around 10 on sat 118 on transponder 18. Is there anywhere online that I can get a list of what channels belong to what satellite and transponder, for future reference.

wow, yeah... thats low
the dish just needs to be realigned

SatelliteGuys.US - TheList

or, you can just go to the channel you are having problem with (if it will let you)
then, once you are on that channel, go in to the signal meter, and it should be on the right satellite and transponder

wow, yeah... thats low
the dish just needs to be realigned

SatelliteGuys.US - TheList

or, you can just go to the channel you are having problem with (if it will let you)
then, once you are on that channel, go in to the signal meter, and it should be on the right satellite and transponder

Okay I went to fox hd channel 005-00, I immediately get the standard acquiring satellite signal message, and it says satellite 110 transponder 29, then immediate changes to satellite 118 and then the whole screen changes to error 002, channel 005-00 satellite: (blank), and transponder 18, when I go menu 6-1-1 on while on this channel is shows up as Satellite 110 transponder/ spotbeam 29. Thats not right shouldn't it be looking for the signal on 118. WTF

hmm, that is odd...

i honestly have no explanation for that, but i still think the problem is low signal on 118 transponder 18.

if you recently had the satellite installed, either call the company you got it from, or call dish and let them know the problem you are having... then tell them the signal you are getting, they have to send someone out eventually

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts