Fox HD in Houston

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
Not to take away from the new channel chatter, but I had a question on my local FOX HD dish feed from Houston. I'm not sure if it's the channel itself or something else but I saw it last week in Prison Break and this week too. Sometimes, it's perfect HD quality and then the next it's like I'm watching a poor version of SD. I saw the same thing in my OTA HD version so I'm leaning it toward being a channel problem, but I'm wondering if it's just me or not?

Not to take away from the new channel chatter, but I had a question on my local FOX HD dish feed from Houston. I'm not sure if it's the channel itself or something else but I saw it last week in Prison Break and this week too. Sometimes, it's perfect HD quality and then the next it's like I'm watching a poor version of SD. I saw the same thing in my OTA HD version so I'm leaning it toward being a channel problem, but I'm wondering if it's just me or not?

If you're seeing the same thing OTA it's a problem with the channel/network. I have the same problem with my locals here, which I get OTA and (all but one) via D*. I put in the antenna thinking my PQ would improve, but it didn't - at least not much. The MPEG4 feeds from D* for locals are pretty good...

The funny thing is that it used to work fine. But I've had to replace receivers a couple times in the past few months so that may be it too. I now have 2 HR20-700's and for some reason, the OTA signal on my original is 100% on most channels but the replacement one I just got only hits 77%. I'm going to try switching cables this weekend but I'm guessing it may be something bad with the OTA tuner in that one.

Could be a difference in the lines as well - is there a splitter? Is one cable run longer than the other? Using different kinds of cable?

I live in houston also, not only does the picture get sketchy, but the sound also sucks terrilby on Fox houston

Thanks for the confirmation that Fox is having problems. I also am seeing major problems with dropouts on KHOU (CBS) too, both on the dish and OTA. I discovered last night what I think the difference is. If they are broadcasting a non-HD show like Survivor that's when it happens. I didn't see any problems during CSI which was HD.

There is a high quality splitter and the cable run coming from that to each receiver is about 5 feet. Like I said, the previous receivers I had on that line were fine. It's just this latest replacement. I'll try switching cables this weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)