Fox HD News has been removed from the Turbo Packages!

Hmmm, I don't think Dish liked my letter to the "CEO". ;)

The wife just called and said that she keeps on losing the signal "no matter what channel" she turns to. Figures ... Wednesday night is a big recording night in our home ... I told her to just watch OTA for now directly from the TV and let the receiver do its thing. Maybe by the time I get home in an hour or so the receiver would have sorted itself out ...

Well, I just got a boiler plate response from Dish for my complaining:
Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

At this time Fox News HD and FOX Business HD are only available in our Classic packages with the HD add-on. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add these channels to our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information. Dishnetwork.com has been updated to reflect the correct and current channel information. We thank you for your patience in this matter and apologize for any confusion.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

It seems to be the same thing that online chat CSRs are saying too. Basically, they are saying no. Jerk...

I saw a programming notice regarding the Fox Channel Launches:
there is a disclaimer on the notice that says "Stay Tuned for announcements regarding availability in TurboHD programming packages."

It also states the Fox News Channel move to classic bronze (AT100) will be effective March 3rd, with the free (SD) preview running from Feb 4 - March 2.

It sounds like Dish signed an agreement with Fox but perhaps they failed to spell out the, "HD Only" portion of the contract or Fox has yet to agree to it.

It's amazing that a multi million dollar contract between two multi billion dollar companies could have this many loose ends but...after all...this is Dish we're talking about. Dish Network is, without question, the most unorganized, unprepared and indecisive large company I have ever seen.

Well, I just got a boiler plate response from Dish for my complaining:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

It seems to be the same thing that online chat CSRs are saying too. Basically, they are saying no. Jerk...

Well, I just got the exact same response ... maybe my receiver will work now ;)

No wonder Dish is loosing subs. They make everything so complicated. Every other provider has simple easy to follow packages. Dish has multiple packages with multiple tiers that many, especially new subs, have a very difficult time deciphering. Package options are nice, but too many can be too confusing and too overwhelming.

:up The worst part is that they're also confused with all these packages they have. IMO, being a CSR at Dish Network is one of the worst jobs somebody can have. They set you up for failure with their lack of communication with their employees.

Well, I just got the exact same response ... maybe my receiver will work now ;)

Yeah, I just wrote back a scathing response... In retrospect, it was probably not the best idea... I should have let myself calm down first, and then write a more coherent email, but what's done is done. Who knows, maybe to retaliate, they will shut off the Dallas locals, just to spite me. That kinda sounds like something Dish would do...

No wonder Dish is losing subs. They make everything so complicated. Every other provider has simple easy to follow packages. Dish has multiple packages with multiple tiers that many, especially new subs, have a very difficult time deciphering. Package options are nice, but too many can be too confusing and too overwhelming.

If it makes you feel any better, I dropped the DDA Classic Silver 200 with SilverHD and upgraded to Top 250, or Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack + GoldHD, and it took me two hours of searching the internet to discern that the Bonus Pack portion of the name denoted that it included the DVR and Locals like the DDA package I had. I was worried Dish screwed up and dropped my DVRAdvantage from my setup. Why do they make it so hard? AT100, AT200, and AT250 were so simple and I guess made too much sense...........:mad:

Yeah, I just wrote back a scathing response... In retrospect, it was probably not the best idea... I should have let myself calm down first, and then write a more coherent email, but what's done is done. Who knows, maybe to retaliate, they will shut off the Dallas locals, just to spite me. That kinda sounds like something Dish would do...

I have 6 months left with them ... with that being said ...

1. I will get my locals in HD in March.
2. I am getting Cinemax for a Penny.

So there is an upside.

Here's to hoping though I get any new HD in the future ... :river

If it makes you feel any better, I dropped the DDA Classic Silver 200 with SilverHD and upgraded to Top 250, or Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack + GoldHD, and it took me two hours of searching the internet to discern that the Bonus Pack portion of the name denoted that it included the DVR and Locals like the DDA package I had. I was worried Dish screwed up and dropped my DVRAdvantage from my setup. Why do they make it so hard? AT100, AT200, and AT250 were so simple and I guess made too much sense...........:mad:
My father in law has been looking at getting satellite for his townhouse that he rents out as a vacation rental. He preferred Dish because he likes the idea that he can run more than one TV from one receiver and take the receiver with him when he takes the townhouse off of the market. He was so confused by the package options that he had no idea what to get. Even though I am a Direct sub myself, I had been to helping him out. It was so confusing that I ended up convincing him to stick with basic cable.

The website doesn't mean jack.

It's amazing that a multi million dollar contract between two multi billion dollar companies could have this many loose ends but...after all...this is Dish we're talking about. Dish Network is, without question, the most unorganized, unprepared and indecisive large company I have ever seen.
Two best quotes of the day.

Just got done with this quite long, and humerus interaction with a CSR:
(03) Sam D: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Sam D: I will be glad to assist you with your concern.
(03) Sam D: In order to get Fox News in HD you need to have Bronze HD pack on your account.

adamfordish: is that turboHD?
(03) Sam D: No, it is not available in Turbo HD.
(03) Sam D: You need to upgrade your programming pack to Classic Bronze 100 with Bronze HD pack to get this channel.
(03) Sam D: Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?

adamfordish: I was forworded an email from your corporate office's that said that it was going to be available today for turboHD
(03) Sam D: At this time, these channels are not available in our TurboHD programming. We will look to see how popular these channels become in HD and then make a decision as to whether or not they fit into our TurboHD programming.
(03) Sam D: This channel is not yet added to TurboHD pack.
(03) Sam D: We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future.

adamfordish: Well this message came from pretty high up. why would they not add an hd channel to an hd package?
adamfordish: look, i know all the automated answers you are suppose to give.
(03) Sam D: As I said we will look to see how popular these channel become in HD and if we find that there heavy demand we will add it.
(03) Sam D: I am sorry you feel that way.

adamfordish: look, i know all the automated answers you are suppose to give. I am looking for real answers
(03) Sam D: This channel is not available in Turbo HD pack.
adamfordish: In addition, I know someone who has ONLY TurboHD Silver and they have fox news HD
(03) Sam D: Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information regarding this channel.
(03) Sam D: There might be some misunderstanding.

adamfordish: your website had it listed earlier today.
(03) Sam D: We do not carry this channel in any other package except Bronze HD and above package.
adamfordish: No misunderstanding, I know that there was a privileging issue that was preventing people from getting this channel
(03) Sam D: We are planning to add this channel as soon as possible.
(03) Sam D: If you wish I can upgrade your programming pack to TurboHD Silver.
(03) Sam D: Shall I go ahead and upgrade your programming pack?

adamfordish: For some people they already have it
adamfordish: Will I get Fox News HD?
(03) Sam D: No, you will not get it as it is not available in TurboHD silver.
(03) Sam D: If you wish I can upgrade your programming pack to Turbo Silver.

adamfordish: Than what about the people that I know that have it, or the email from corporate?
(03) Sam D: Once it is updated you can check if it is available or not.
adamfordish: I had TurboHD Gold and it was suppose to be there and it wasn't. They put me back on my previous package.
(03) Sam D: That is what I told if is available in TurboHD silver that you would get it in TurboHD Gold.

adamfordish: Why would I want to switch to an more expensive package if I would be loosing channels?
(03) Sam D: If you wish you can keep the same programming package.
(03) Sam D: If you want to get Fox News in HD than you need to upgrade your programming to Bronze HD.

adamfordish: Like I said tech said there was a privileging issue with the packaging flags, I am asking if it is fixed.
adamfordish: In the retail chat it said fox hd was available.
(03) Sam D: No, it is only available in Bronze HD pack.
adamfordish: Than why was it listed in Turbo Hd? Why do I know people that have it with Turbo Hd? and why did I get a email forwarded from corporate that said it was in Turbo Hd?
(03) Sam D: I am sorry, we only provide basic Customer service. For any kind of escalations, you need to call our Customer care.
(03) Sam D: Is there another issue that I may assist you with?

adamfordish: This is what I think is going on here. Fox News HD was suppose to be added and when the uplinks were made something went wrong with the privileges. The web site was updated to show this channel as being available, but the privileges were not fixed. Now they pulled the info from the website and told all CSR to tell customers it is not available. What I am looking for is to find out if the privilege problem has been solved.
(03) Sam D: As of now it is not fixed we are working on it.
adamfordish: What kind of REAL information can you provide for me? I already know all the animated answers you are suppose to give.
(03) Sam D: I am sorry you feel that way.
(03) Sam D: At this point of time I would request you to call us at 1-800-333-3474 and speak to our executive department.

adamfordish: When the privileges are fixed, will Fox News HD be available to all Turbo HD customers?
(03) Sam D: Yes, it will be available.
(03) Sam D: Our web site will be updated as and when this channel is added. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

adamfordish: Do you have an ETA?
(03) Sam D: As of now we don't have any update on this channel.
adamfordish: thank you for your time.
(03) Sam D: You're very welcome.
(03) Sam D: Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?

adamfordish: do the best of YOUR ability
(03) Sam D: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great night.
Just went round and round, and didn't really tell me much other than CSR's are dumber than a back of rocks. :D

what i find is total BS is I was on HD Absolute just 2 weeks ago. I "upgraded" to Turbo to get my RSN AND ANY NEW HD CHANNELS that I was told would be added to the turbo packages. I'm now paying $30 more per month for Encore and 2 RSN channels.