Fox is so silly

Whiteyguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2011
california
So fox said no more hopper advertising on there channels....but i live in southern California and like to listen to am 570 fox sports radio throughout the day. Wouldn't you know it, i hear hopper commercials. Fox your so silly.

570 KLAC is owned by Clear Channel Communications (not Fox) and those commercials are usually inserted by the local affiliate.

Fox Sports is the programming they carry. Same as here in Minneapolis on KFXN-FM (formerly FAN AM) The Fan which is owned by....ta da Clear Channel

If you own a radio station you can put whatever programming you want on it as long as you have the rights.

by the way per wiki ;)
KLAC AM 570 is a radio station serving the Los Angeles metropolitan area. KLAC is one of eight Los Angeles radio stations owned by San Antonio-based Clear Channel Communications.

Same in Tampa and Hartford, we have WDAE Fox Sports Radio channel, but it's not owned by Fox it's a Clear Channel station, ditto WPOP.

another example here in Minneapolis is 1500 ESPN Twin Cities. Yet its not owned by Disney. Its owned by Hubbard Broadcasting (yes the same ones who started USSB back in the day)

Like I say if you get the agreement you can carry any programming you want on a station you own

another example here in Minneapolis is 1500 ESPN Twin Cities. Yet its not owned by Disney. Its owned by Hubbard Broadcasting (yes the same ones who started USSB back in the day)

USSB - there was no news channel, so USSB had their own in house, I remember that. They had sort of a mutual agreement with Hughes each carried certain channels.

USSB - there was no news channel, so USSB had their own in house, I remember that. They had sort of a mutual agreement with Hughes each carried certain channels.

correct. Hubbard and Viacom started All News Channel
All News Channel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USSB carried all the premiums except Starz, the MTV Networks and Viacom networks

Comedy Central
MTV
MTV2
Nickelodeon
VH1
TV Land
Sundance Channel
Lifetime Television
All News Channel
TVKO (HBO's PPV arm at the time)
SET (Showtime's PPV arm)
Channel 999 (previews)

So you could be a sub to just USSB back in the day :)

I remember USSB from when we got our first DSS satellite system. I liked ANC... it was just news.
I wish it was still around since all the "news" outlets today spin in a left or right direction! :rant:

Come to think of it ANC was on my C-band system way back in the day, on the same satellite with the PrimeTime 24 networks:
F2-2 was WBBM-CBS, F2-4 was WABC-ABC, F2-12 was WXIA-NBC and All News Channel was on F2-7.
No FOX on that satellite but we used to watch the feed of it on T3-18. ...the wierd stuff I remember. :)

Come to think of it ANC was on my C-band system way back in the day, on the same satellite with the PrimeTime 24 networks:
F2-2 was WBBM-CBS, F2-4 was WABC-ABC, F2-12 was WXIA-NBC and All News Channel was on F2-7.
No FOX on that satellite but we used to watch the feed of it on T3-18. ...the wierd stuff I remember. :)

DAMN Hoss you are good. Although the chart I have shows WRAL as the CBS ;)
(edit: found the other side and yeah Fox East was on T3 18 (what is now G18))

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 189
wait scratch that...found an older chart and yeah you are right. WBBM on TP2 ;)
Aug 1990 is the date on that

attachment.php

Attachments

• aug1990-1.jpg
    aug1990-1.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 151