Fox net buy Turner South

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LMckin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Upstate SC
related post already been posted at

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57552&highlight=turner+south

Fox Gets Turner South
On Thursday, Fox Cable Networks said it entered into an agreement with Turner Broadcasting System to purchase Turner South, the Atlanta-based regional sports and entertainment network.
The cable and satellite TV service reaches about 8 million subscribers across a six-state region comprising of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina and regions of western North Carolina. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The Turner South acquisition brings to 15 the total number of Fox owned-and-operated regional programming networks that together reach more than 80 million cable and satellite subscribers across 40 cities, the News Corp.-controlled company said.

Turner South has local telecast rights to Atlanta Braves baseball, Atlanta Hawks basketball and Atlanta Thrashers hockey.

Turner Broadcasting System is a Time Warner company. In addition to Fox, News Corp. controls DirecTV.

http://www.skyreport.com/#Story2

Last edited:
I wonder if it's going to an all sports channel now. They actually have some interesting non-sports programming that I'd miss.

ChrisPC said:
I wonder if it's going to an all sports channel now. They actually have some interesting non-sports programming that I'd miss.
I agree.They do have some good programming on that channel.

I doubt that they will turn it into an all sports channel. Why would they need to since they already have FSN south based from Atlanta......

There have already been rumors about it becoming an all sports channel. I read an article somewhere that Fox thinks there is plenty of sports content in the Southeast to fill both channels, and I think there is too.

Most likely the name "Turner South" will also go away. I wouldn't be surprised to see the channel renamed "FSN South 2" or something of that nature.

Fox has had disagreements with Ted Turner in the past, and I think they will not want to keep his name in their new channel.

The only time I see it on is when there is a Thrasher hockey game on Center Ice, which I subscribe to. Every other time I go to it I get the "Channel Not Available, in your area", message. I have the RSN sports package, get all the others but never see it on.

lou_do said:
The only time I see it on is when there is a Thrasher hockey game on Center Ice, which I subscribe to. Every other time I go to it I get the "Channel Not Available, in your area", message. I have the RSN sports package, get all the others but never see it on.

Turner South is not available to us here in Florida...I had when I was in Atlanta.

At this time Turner South is only available in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and western North Carolina. It is not available (as a complete channel) anywhere else in the country no matter what package you get.

See ya
Tony

It would be very nice if Fox passes along the HD feed of the sporting events to D*. Currently, only TWC gets the HD feed. I'm spoiled watching the Braves on TBS in HD (OTA). The games on Turner South have looked terrible in the past. Same with the Hockey games. I'll be hoping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts