FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't watch the fox enfotainment channel so I'm not going to hold Dish hostage and demand $$ for the take down, just like I didn't for any other take down.
But it is entertaining watching some people here freak out and lose their lunch over tv.

Dish does a lot of things right, but waking up to find Glenn Beck in place of the hotties I am used to every morning has crossed the line. If they don't get this resolved soon and if these "outages" don't stop, it will be time to move on from Dish and I don't care who is at fault or supposedly looking out after my interest. My ~$!80 check I write to Dish each month should be enough for both sides to find a profit.

Bye bye thanks for posting. :wave2

Reactions: ChadT41 and KAB
http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/21/...news-business-chan/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000602

According to Dish, Fox wants early renewal and rate increase for FS1 FX and FXX included. So overpaid athletes and actors can be blamed for Foxnews going dark.

I can see why Dish would not want these contracts synced. If they were, the blackout would be even worse for Dish as 3 channels would be out instead of just one. Having all three out at the same time would let Fox raise prices more since they would have more leverage.

I can see why Dish would not want these contracts synced. If they were, the blackout would be even worse for Dish as 3 channels would be out instead of just one. Having all three out at the same time would let Fox raise prices more since they would have more leverage.

If that report is true I can see both sides to that. Less amount of future disputes and possibly longer term deals, VS less channels affected in disputes.
However in the end why even have a contract if you can be held hostage over simply wanting it to be honored? If DISH does not see the benefit of having all of them in the same contract that should be the end of it.
Sorry but this yet again shows how DISH is at the disadvantage in trying to keep prices down. They have a contract yet are being punished for wanting to enforce it. If that is the true stumbling block it means it isn't over cost of Fox News at all and explains how it could go dark. (I didn't think DISH would let it at least not for long)

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/21/...news-business-chan/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000602

According to Dish, Fox wants early renewal and rate increase for FS1 FX and FXX included. So overpaid athletes and actors can be blamed for Foxnews going dark.
That is when Dish counters with the whole suite, FS2 HD in a lower tier and/or MS, and dropping the lawsuit.
Then Fox counters looking for the Disney or CBS delay of autohop.

Work out any minor details like streaming/OTT and boom you have yourselves a new contract. Shouldn't been this hard from Dish's side. You want the lawsuit dropped and they want the whole suite renewed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charlie is still patting himself on the back for the way he handled the CNN black out. I think he is going to find out that Fox News has a larger, more engaged audience than CNN. He is saving pennies on Fox News while raising my rate $5 next month. No way, Jose.

I like Fox News but not enough to pay more for it. We've been thinking about dropping pay TV service for a while now. With the end of college football season and pending rate increases this might be the motivation to pull the plug.

If that report is true I can see both sides to that. Less amount of future disputes and possibly longer term deals, VS less channels affected in disputes.
However in the end why even have a contract if you can be held hostage over simply wanting it to be honored? If DISH does not see the benefit of having all of them in the same contract that should be the end of it.
Sorry but this yet again shows how DISH is at the disadvantage in trying to keep prices down. They have a contract yet are being punished for wanting to enforce it. If that is the true stumbling block it means it isn't over cost of Fox News at all and explains how it could go dark. (I didn't think DISH would let it at least not for long)
uhh they are trying to keep profits UP lets be realistic

Initially surprised it went dark, but seeing the context of the dispute, I can definitely understand Dish's position. Fox are full of it... they are always full of it. From the Autohop, to the rebranding, to this contract dispute. Cut them all! I'll lose Champions League, but to heck with Fox.
Say it isn't so,Dish has dropped another channel,in a continuing effort to be the low cost leader.
Fox wants to tie in FS1 and FXX into the contract with Fox News and FNB. You know, the channels they rebranded within an existing contract? Fox lost sports programming rights (ignoring the whole issue of who they had calling Champions League fixtures problem) and has the balls to demand more money?!

And you want to blame Dish?

Reactions: mfoster711
I for one support Dish. Fox bullying dish into cutting short existing contracts with other channels seems like extortion.

Dish should move fox news to alacarte to let loyal fox news customers pay for this nonsense and save everyone else from it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I for one support Dish. Fox bullying dish into cutting short existing contracts with other channels seems like extortion.

Dish should move fox news to alacarte to let loyal fox news customers pay for this nonsense and save everyone else from it.
They could make the whole Fox line-up a la carte, AFAIC. Of course, if Fox had their way, it would probably cost $20.00 a month, and no autohop for 6 months.

Reactions: talk000
Wait....is this the only channel pulled or what? I don't watch FOX news often so just curious before I go back thru all 26 pages.

Edit: ehh the ole lady is pissed, she watches it more so I'm on the chat.

You are currently number 318 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 16:22. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 16:24.

yay me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)