FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I never said older people were cheap and poor. That is too much of a generalization. The demographics of a typical Fox News viewer is someone who is in his 50s, retired, living on income in the $50K range, does not have a college education. These folks are not internet power users, in general. So what products appeal to that group of people? Probably not a new Audi for $80k, for example. It is all about finding the right product mix for the right audience.

You all keep citing the gold coins item. I have seen advertisements for tax abatement firms, emergency cell phones, and so forth.
educate yourself

http://www.stateofthemedia.org/2012...s-slide-fox-falls-again/cable-by-the-numbers/

money and revenue

and? 2011 data? It's almost 2015. We're coming into a dead cycle for news....no election news for a long time.....a lame duck President who is not running for re-election....there really isn't anything big happening or likely to happen in 2015. Dish is managing its wallet right now knowing bills can't increase w/o a drop off. It is all about finding the right mix that pulls in viewers that will spend the right amount of dough. Each channel is having to demonstrate its net worth to the bottom line. That's fair and reasonable.

Fox's efforts to tie its news channel to FS1 is creating the backlash. Fox's efforts to dismantle the Hopper are creating the backlash. Fox's efforts to drive huge increases on its broadcast corporate own channels are creating the backlash. FSN increases are creating the backlash.

I never said older people were cheap and poor. That is too much of a generalization. The demographics of a typical Fox News viewer is someone who is in his 50s, retired, living on income in the $50K range, does not have a college education. These folks are not internet power users, in general. So what products appeal to that group of people? Probably not a new Audi for $80k, for example. It is all about finding the right product mix for the right audience.

You all keep citing the gold coins item. I have seen advertisements for tax abatement firms, emergency cell phones, and so forth.
Hm...I don't seem to fit the stats much... 50s, yes, but otherwise, my income range >$50k, college educated, degree in computer science. Independent small business owner/operator. Don't own an Audi...but have a decent Volvo. Looks like that research takes in a wide range that doesn't seem to include me. ;)

Absolutely nothing. And every time I turn on Fox News, they are running another commercial for the Lexus Christmas Sale. Someone forgot to tell Lexus that the only people who watch FNC are low-income.
And unedicated too!
I don't fit the type PortlandChris quotes either. Make to much money and have a degree in Biology.
And while I don't appreciate Fox tieing FNC renewal to sports channels that I could care less about, Dish and Fox will get it figured out. If they don't, IMO Dish will lose customers. Statistically insignificant as it is, two Dish customers I know have switched over this, one other and I are....waiting.

I suggest you do shut this thread down, until there is some news that FNC is coming back. People are just repeating themselves and making rude comments.

Merry Christmas all

Reactions: 356B
It does not matter if I like FNC or not. What matters to Dish is if I cancel if they don't have FNC. What matters to FOX is their total viewer numbers and what the advertizers will pay for those numbers and the demographics. I for one will live without FNC for a short period of time. Long term I will find a way to get FNC even if it means canceling Dish. I expect there are l

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)