FOX news HD please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
OK i watched the Sarah Palin speech last night. I started with Fox SD.PQ not great, Moved over to CNN HD good PQ. You can see who they want to win the race.Give me a break the speech was great. Shame on you CNN. Moved back over to FOX had to put up with SD PQ. But at least fair play from the reporters and better looking;).And now a word on the travel channel. HD was made for seeing the world, streams, city light, skys, water falls, NOT cartoons, and food on a plate and not 50 year old movies. Lets get going Directv.

Can someone explain to me what the dire need is to have news channels in hd is? Im all for additional hd channels but to me any news channel right now is nothing more than a waste of bandwith just like TBS and TNN hd is to name a few, its news not entertainment.

News channels in HD, I thought like CNBC HD is just SD with added information of the sides?

OK i watched the Sarah Palin speech last night. I started with Fox SD.PQ not great, Moved over to CNN HD good PQ. You can see who they want to win the race.Give me a break the speech was great. Shame on you CNN. Moved back over to FOX had to put up with SD PQ. But at least fair play from the reporters and better looking;).And now a word on the travel channel. HD was made for seeing the world, streams, city light, skys, water falls, NOT cartoons, and food on a plate and not 50 year old movies. Lets get going Directv.

Hey I want to see Sarah Palin in HD also. She is easily the best looking VP candidate we have ever had.:)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00390/SarahPic360_390696a.jpg
http://timesonline.typepad.com/uselections/2008/09/sarah-palin-pic.html?OTC-widgets&ATTR=tolblogs

Seriously. It is ridiculous that I have to watch CNN to get HD news. Have you seen the screenshots from Fox News HD? They are amazing. I am going to be switching from DirecTV soon if they don't get on the ball.

As I had posted, I recently had the FiOs service (tripleplay) put in my house - and had one of my HDTVS included. So - I have the 102 HD channels that they advertise and it is the BEST overall selection on the market anywhere. That being said, it lacks any real national sports offerings.

Going a bit further, the FOX News HD channel is not really HD - it has the same look as the Fox Business HD Channel with all of the graphics on the right side, and no HD picture really. You are not missing anything. At least CNN does have almost half their programming now in HD.

Why do so many people want Fox News HD? As far as I know they do not broadcast any of their shows in HD. I'm not sure about the conventions. I'm sure DirecTV will add it soon and I'm sure they are getting flooded with e-mails about this.

Ya this is really annoying me. We have an election year and only 1 news network in HD for coverage. D*, get FoxNews onboard already.

I've actually been watching it on PBS. It has all the coverage in HD, commercial-free, and without all the annoying tickers.

Let your emails do the talking

DIRECTV - E-mail Us

Select the Channel Lineup Request Menu option

I know that we all will get a copy n paste response but it helps alot if we let them know

I did as you said. Here is the generic response I got from DirecTV.......

"Thanks for writing and I understand how important HD channels to you.

I have verified that we offer Cinemax HD East, Cinemax HD West, HBO HD East and HBO HD West. For your best interest, I have forwarded your comments on to DIRECTV Management for review. Be assured that your feedback is important to us and we make changes based on viewer comments like yours.

And while we don't have plans to add American Movie Classics, Travel Channel, FOX News Channel in HD at this time, we're working to bring you even more HD channels in the near future. Stay tuned to directv.com/hd to keep up with the latest HD news.

Sincerely,

Lorrie R.
Employee ID 100198317
DIRECTV Customer Service"

FoxNews specifically chose to roll out their HD market by market and only through TWC at the beginning. The issue is with the FoxNews decision about when to put it out (after FBN) and how to let customers get it (market by market with specific providers).

You can read any number of threads on any number of forum sites and see that this is the case. Push FoxNews to make it available to all providers.

FoxNews specifically chose to roll out their HD market by market and only through TWC at the beginning. The issue is with the FoxNews decision about when to put it out (after FBN) and how to let customers get it (market by market with specific providers).

You can read any number of threads on any number of forum sites and see that this is the case. Push FoxNews to make it available to all providers.

Most of us are aware of what you are saying. Key words, "In the beginning." The beginning is over. The beginning was like May. It is now September and we have a lot of political coverage going on. We all want Fox News HD. During the conventions, and I watched much of both, I found myself tuning to CNN HD for the actual speeches, and back to Fox News for the commentary. It sure would be nice to leave it on Fox News. I mean, as a daily Fox News and Fox Business watcher, I have wanted Fox News in HD for the longest time, but it wasn't until the conventions and the actual comparison of the same shots of Sarah Palin (and others) in SD on Fox and HD on CNN did I realize that we NEED Fox News HD like NOW.

I do a lot of work from home and for years have had Fox News on in the background. Sometimes muted, sometimes not. When Fox Business launched I began watching Fox Business during those work times. But whenever there is a crisis or news story of actual interest, like the presidential race, I'll watch Fox News. I am spoiled with the 16x9 HD that I have been getting from Fox Biz HD and want my Fox News in HD. Once the election passes, I'll probably watch more Fox Biz again, until the next crisis in the news. In the mean time, I love watching the politics unfold and I would love to see DirecTV add Fox News HD, yesterday.

Their slow roll out is over. Incidentally, Verizon FIOS in my area (not servicable in my specific neighborhood yet) will be adding both Fox News and Fox Biz in HD on Oct 2nd, along with MOST of the available premium channels (they'll have way more than the 4 HBO/Max offerings we get from DirecTV.

Can someone explain to me what the dire need is to have news channels in hd is? Im all for additional hd channels but to me any news channel right now is nothing more than a waste of bandwith just like TBS and TNN hd is to name a few, its news not entertainment.

I think from a viewing experience it makes watching much better with a clear picture, For me if its a movie sports or even the news.....It is a better picture.

When you say TNN, are you actually referring to The Nashville Network, which became Spike TV years ago or are you referring to TNT? I too consider TBS and TNT a waste for the most part but would love to have Fox News HD. That is at or near the top of my list.

Why do so many people want Fox News HD? As far as I know they do not broadcast any of their shows in HD.

That's not correct. Some of the shows are in HD.

The studios are wired for HD and the cameras are HD for both Fox Business and Fox News.

A lot of the shows simply have a 4:3 window and an "HD wing" but there are a few that are widescreen HD.

That's not correct. Some of the shows are in HD.

The studios are wired for HD and the cameras are HD for both Fox Business and Fox News.

A lot of the shows simply have a 4:3 window and an "HD wing" but there are a few that are widescreen HD.
My bad. I thought none of the shows were in HD yet. Someone I know who has Fox News HD told me no shows that he has seen have been in HD. I know on Fox Business they have HD since it is on DTV. Are shows like Hannity & Colmes and O'Reilly Factor in HD yet or no?

Fox Report with Shepherd Smith is widescreen HD, or at least I've seen it in HD once (I don't stay around here that late to watch it most days, sorry. ;) ).

Also, many of the 4:3 studio shots aren't SD. They're cropped HD. The studios are HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)