FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

Why? Because it doesn't give FOX full coverage in every package. That's why! You're obviously not a businessman or understand basic business principles, such as PRODUCT SATURATION! The whole argument behind FOX is that they wanted every sub to receive their channels in the lowest package available. This would include the lowest tier of HD only packages. That's common sense, think about it. With FOX, it's all about advertising revenue!
It never was the lowest package available.
It was most POPULAR package ,Which was and is Americas Top 200, Well Now Fox is back in the Top 100 Classic. This package is more popular then any HD only pack.

It makes sence!
Dish isn't going to tell its turbo customers that Fox news isn't in its Turbo packs because Classic 250 Cost more per month and they can make more money off of this channel/package.:)
Thats what you do with Most popular channels, Put them in Higher pack ,and make more money.:(
Sure good for E* bad for us.
This has CABLECO packaging written all over it. That's a big complaint for cable subs, the way tiers are set up. All Dish does is complain about cable, then they go and practice the same thing.

It never was the lowest package available.
It was most POPULAR package ,Which was and is Americas Top 200, Well Now Fox is back in the Top 100 Classic. This package is more popular then any HD only pack.
You're arguing a moot point. Each Turbo pack corresponds with a Classic pack, so why isn't FOX News HD offered in the corresponding Turbo pack? If they're not going to stick to the gameplan, then do away with the Turbo HD. It makes absolutely no sense to do what they're doing.

And, I wouldn't be spending anymore $$ with Directv. I spend nearly $175/month with E*.

This has CABLECO packaging written all over it. That's a big complaint for cable subs, the way tiers are set up. All Dish does is complain about cable, then they go and practice the same thing.
I can't say how all cable Co. has their tiers setup.
My local cable company has 4 Programming Tiers Ranging from $17-$65 per month for base packs. But they also charge Double E* fees for HD DVRs, YES DOUBLE.
And same Deal you can't get Fox HD unless you come up with atleast $65 per month.
E* you can Fox News HD for Less the $45 per month.

Originally Posted by Hemi 6.1
It makes sence!
Dish isn't going to tell its turbo customers that Fox news isn't in its Turbo packs because Classic 250 Cost more per month and they can make more money off of this channel/package.:)
Thats what you do with Most popular channels, Put them in Higher pack ,and make more money.:(

If this is really the concern with E*, then the solution is to raise the prices of Turbo HD. But, they can't do that yet, because they don't offer enough to justify that. And low Turbo HD prices is what is keeping them from adding a lot more HD as fast as they can. Regardless of what anyone else says. E*'s whole marketing scheme is askew. Rather than looking at what subs want and coming up with a plan to meet those wants and make money in the process; they'd rather confuse the hell out of you and piss you off. Charlie is so busy with trying to save a penny, he can't see what is going on! And noone in his company is on the same page. A major personnel overhaul is needed.

I've worked for the same major retailer for over 22 years. If I ran one of their stores the same way that Dish is being ran, I'd be in the unemployment line. And before you try to shoot down the comparison, i deal with close to the same amount of revenue as E* does on an annual basis.

And, I wouldn't be spending anymore $$ with Directv. I spend nearly $175/month with E*.
If you spend $175 per month, I guess you better Drop the Dumb HD only packs then and do some research.
Because I pay
$109.98 AEP Free DVR,and Playboy TV ($102.98 without Playboy)
$21 for a 211k,612,622,722 in fees
$20 for HD Gold and Platinum
$5.99 Multi sports pack
$5.99 Superstation pack
Total $162.96, ( Without playboy $155.96) So I'm not really sure why you complaining When you can Get Everything pack for less then your paying.

- $10 Credit for 11 more months
- $20 for Free HBO Starz Credit 2 more months
$132.96

It makes sence!

If this is really the concern with E*, then the solution is to raise the prices of Turbo HD. But, they can't do that yet, because they don't offer enough to justify that. And low Turbo HD prices is what is keeping them from adding a lot more HD as fast as they can. Regardless of what anyone else says. E*'s whole marketing scheme is askew. Rather than looking at what subs want and coming up with a plan to meet those wants and make money in the process; they'd rather confuse the hell out of you and piss you off. Charlie is so busy with trying to save a penny, he can't see what is going on! And noone in his company is on the same page. A major personnel overhaul is needed.

I've worked for the same major retailer for over 22 years. If I ran one of their stores the same way that Dish is being ran, I'd be in the unemployment line. And before you try to shoot down the comparison, i deal with close to the same amount of revenue as E* does on an annual basis.
Actually, they already got away with increasing Turbo subscriber prices without adding a single new channel to their net count... I personally am spending $10 more for the same package.

It makes sence!

Its a Fine comparison. But Fox and E* have a new agreement, My guess is HD only packs are not in that agreement. Thats all!

If you spend $175 per month, I guess you better Drop the Dumb HD only packs then and do some research.
Because I pay
$109.98 AEP Free DVR,and Playboy TV ($102.98 without Playboy)
$21 for a 211k,612,622,722 in fees
$20 for HD Gold and Platinum
$5.99 Multi sports pack
$5.99 Superstation pack
Total $162.96, ( Without playboy $155.96) So I'm not really sure why you complaining When you can Get Everything pack for less then your paying.

- $10 Credit for 11 more months
- $20 for Free HBO Starz Credit 2 more months
$132.96
I never said that I have Turbo HD. I have the same as you, with the exception of Playboy.

But doesn't fox get paid $X.XX per subscriber? So if they are offered in fewer packages, don't they then get fewer dollars?

If I were Fox I'd be pissed. Once again CNN is in E* packs that Fox News is not. The big question I think is when will Classic packs disappear. Sooner or later people will mostly stop demanding SD programming, will they not?

Its a Fine comparison. But Fox and E* have a new agreement, My guess is HD only packs are not in that agreement. Thats all!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just don't agree with you. But, I respect you're opinion. If that is the case, when that contract comes up for renewal, I look for a big mess again. It's what happened last time. Dish has a history of stabbing their providers in the back; to save us a few pennies.

Then why does it really matter if Fox Isn't in Turbo Gold? You can downgrade still and get Fox News HD for much less the your paying now. By a good $100
No, it's cheaper to have the Turbo packs, if everything is offered, than to have the Classic packs. Right?

But, if its not going to be offered, the only way is the way you described, but it will cost more.

If I were Fox I'd be pissed. Once again CNN is in E* packs that Fox News is not. The big question I think is when will Classic packs disappear. Sooner or later people will mostly stop demanding SD programming, will they not?
If I were FOX I'd be Pissed at D* and Cable. For making its customers pay Atleast $55 per month to View Fox News in SD.
You can View Fox news SD for $35 per month , HD for $45 per month. With E*
So again why would Fox be mad a service provided who charges the customer less $$$ then everyother provider?

Nothing like jacking the price of Turbo packages and giving them nothing new in return to piss subscribers off even more. The worst part is that they know they can play this game and get away with it until D* starts competing and offering HD-only packages as well.

It makes sence!

Well, I was DDA TurboHD Gold for $59.99.

Then with this mess I dropped to DDA Classic Bronze 100 and BronzeHD for $54.99.

I want the package that is getting the HD added to it. It appears that Dish is "honoring" the "metal"HD packages right now over the TurboHD packages.

So for what it is worth, I am giving Dish a $5 protest ... !protest

I loved Encore HD, but my kids have all the Nick channels back ... so the world is good again ;) Can't wait until Nick goes HD ... I might switch back then to TurboHD at that time.

I will get new HD this month though ... my locals are scheduled to go up this month ... can't wait for that ... Wednesdays is a busy DVR night for me: American Idol, Knight Rider, Lost, Life, Life on Mars. Too many shows on at the same time is forcing me to record some of these in SD. My locals in SD over Dish are pretty crappy ... I hear Dish does an great job on the HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)