FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wassupTC

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I realize that it will be 'SOON' but does anyone have any idea when Fox News HD will arrive to Dish subscribers?

It's the one channel that stands between me and an all HD package.

Any info?...anybody?....

If anybody knew, we would all know. Dish and Fox are having a legal dispute. Who knows when that will be resolved.

Who watches news anymore anyway? Is it just to see Greta?

Fox News has some of the best anchorpeople in the business. They're entertaining and they broadcast news and commentary that I find much more palatable than that broadcast on other news networks.

It's probably one of my top 10 channels, so I'm anxious for Dish and Fox to iron things out so that the people who matter, the subsrcibers, can get on with our lives.

I know that it would be big enough news to make its way into an individual post if it were going to be uplinked 'soon', but I was hoping to get and keep the word out there that it's a requested channel. Hopefully enough noise and Dish might work to get it to us sooner, rather than just 'soon'.

anchorpeople? That is just a little to PC for me.

I'd like to see the blonde honeys in HD to!

Get with the program DiSH!

Last edited:
I don't think that FOX News is in HD yet so there is no way E8 can get an HD feed even if they were able to do so.
Real HD is not the problem as we have seen from both sat providers. The real problem is permission to put it up and stretch-zoom it with an HD bug down in the corner.

Fox News is my favorite News Channel as well.

Brit Humes News Program is one of the best available. Sorry to see him retiring.

Its almost a deal breaker.

I don't think that FOX News is in HD yet so there is no way E* can get an HD feed even if they were able to do so.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something when you say that FOX News isn't in HD, but from all of the information that I have, FOX News is in HD in two to three markets around the country--New York and Texas.

Unless you've seen these feeds and they are not true HD, Time Warner has had these channels available in a few markets in the previously mentioned states.

I'm just hoping Dish picks them up prior to the elections.

Fox News is okay...I always find myself watching CNN during elections and natural disasters, because they always have better coverage. Besides, that annoying little troll that is Sean Hannity makes me want to kick my cat everytime he opens his mouth.

Fox News does have some, ummm, nice candy to make up for it's faults. ;)

I've had all my locals in HD since around April. All except the Fox locals. I was hoping that they would be in HD especially for football season. Is this because of the "dispute" between Dish and Fox? Or do other regions of the country have regular Fox channels in HD? I live in Maine.

You mean in the 8 or so months they have been in existence they have not overtaken CNBC yet? Hasn't CNBC been around for about a decade now?

I would give it a few more months....

Maybe that is what Dish is doing? If, and when, their is a large enough viewership for this channel they will look at adding it......because I'm sure Fox is not giving the channel away(WFN?) for a song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)