FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

I'd feel much better about switching to the Turbo HD Only packages in February if I knew I wasn't going to lose Fox News. I decided to not add the original HD Only package on July 31 because I didn't want to lose my RSNs, but losing Fox News for Election Day was an added bonus. I feel for those of you stuck watching CNN.

Watched the convention live speeches on CNN because they were in HD. At the end of the speeches I switched to FoxNews to avoid having to listen to Dom Brazil tell me that I didn't here what I thought I heard. CNN should be ashamed of using such a partisan commentator to do news (O'Reilly doesn't do the election/convention news coverage on Fox).

Apparently PMS/NBC really was ashamed of their two partisan commentators attempting to report election news as they booted them both out of the election coverage team and sent them back to NYC to just do their commentary shows. Reportedly, NBC's Williams and Brokaw had some influence in this action as they had had enough of the trashing the old NBC News brand by partisan commentators posing as news reporters on PMS/NBC.

On the Charlie Chat last night, Eric said that he hoped to have FX and Speed in HD by the end of the year.

That would tend to support my previous prognostication:

I do have an answer for when you will get Fox News HD and possibly Fox Business HD: November or December. Why? That is when the Retransmission rights expiire for Fox owned and operated local stations. And since Fox carries the NFL, those local stations are "must haves". So at that point we will probably get all the fox channels in exchange for Dish keeping the locals turned on.

I continue to expect that you are NOT going to see Fox News HD, Fox Business HD, FX HD or Speed HD on Dish until the end of the year, when there will be serious gnashing of teeth over the retransmission rights to all the Local Channels that Fox owns (As well as CBS and NBC), including Chicago, New York and LA. If Dish loses retrans rights to those channels during the NFL season, they are sunk. Dish knows it and Fox knows it.

So, if you see the Fox Cable channels in HD, it means the retrans deal for Fox Owned and Operated locals has been cut. Until that deal is cut, no Speed HD, no FX HD, no Fox News HD or Fox Business HD.

No amount of complaining from anyone will change that. If Charlie puts the Fox HD Cable channels on without a retrans deal for the locals, he is giving up his leverage in those tough negotiations. Nothing is more important to Dish than the Major Market retransmission deals for the CBS, NBC and Fox owned-and-operated stations. Nothing.

The reason is spelled N-F-L.

NBC is National Barak Network

I like that NBC National Barak Company , Olberman is so giddy on Obama, he should put on his cheerleeder outfit and say give me an O. O, give me a B, b, give me an A, A, give me an M, M, give me A. Obama. Rachel Meadows is such a Palin hater, she makes O Reilly look like a poodle. Even fox is not this hate filled , it shows in their faces.

Good job Brokow in firing Olberman, from news anchoring the convention, he is a sportscaster, give me a break.

I know a lot of us want Fox News and Fox Business Networks, but are they even available in HD? Fox Business is, but is Fox News even broadcasting in HD, if so WHO carrys it?

I know a lot of us want Fox News and Fox Business Networks, but are they even available in HD? Fox Business is, but is Fox News even broadcasting in HD, if so WHO carrys it?

Time Warner and Comcast both have Fox News HD. Not all markets, but they do have it. It's been available since late May of this year. If Dish picks it up before Direct that would be a coup.

Time Warner and Comcast both have Fox News HD. Not all markets, but they do have it. It's been available since late May of this year. If Dish picks it up before Direct that would be a coup.

Dish has been a follower, not a leader in HD. Once DirecTV gets Fox News in HD, Dish will be truly pushed to make it happen. Unfortunately, that probably won't be until next year.

Since all Charlie kows is NUMBERS, here are the Ratings for Wednesday:

CABLE RACE, WED, SEPT 17

FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES 4,921,000
FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,839,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 3,561,000
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 2,184,000
FOXNEWS HUME 2,108,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,854,000
CNN COOPER 1,719,000
MSNBC RACHEL MADDOW 1,716,000
CNN KING 1,646,000
MSNBC HARBALL 1,145,000

That's a LOT of people, wonder how many have a Dish?

Dish will have both HD Fox News and Indy Hd Locals by February 2009 I am told by a very reliable source.

I'm sure Dish will have all of the HD channel eventually. Just want to get them sooner rather than later. I was hoping to get SpeedHD by now. Heck the F1 season is nearly over.

We just signed up for Americas250dvr w/Gold HD. When new HD channels come on line, do you automatically get it if it is already a part of your SD package? Or how does that work?

We just signed up for Americas250dvr w/Gold HD. When new HD channels come on line, do you automatically get it if it is already a part of your SD package? Or how does that work?

Yes. That's the nice thing. If you have the HD package on top of your regular programming, you don't have to do anything to get the new channels when they become available.

I'd rather see Speed HD. I find dumb rednecks racing more interesting th:Dn them reporting the news. :eek::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dish will have both HD Fox News and Indy Hd Locals by February 2009 I am told by a very reliable source.

I'll believe this when I see it. I'm not sure about the speed of the courts in the Fox News situation, but Dish has had agreements with all the stations in Indy for months, and still no HD locals. Thankfully I've got a nice antenna and can pull in pretty much everything, except Ch. 4.

I think the addition of the Fox News Channel in High Definition will probably wait until the legal wraggling over FNC's placement is resolved. The same may go for any carriage of the Fox Business Network in Standard and/or High Def.

Sure would like to see Uma Pemmaraju in HD, myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)