FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

There was no crying on Fox News last night...

I think it's so odd that some bash Fox for being in the tank for the Republican party yet they never watch the coverage.

My guy didn't win last night and that really stinks, and after Fox News announced FIRST that Obama had won, they gave him all sorts of praise and adulation...and that praise came not from a Democratic strategist, it came from just about every person on their expert panel, including Karl Rove...I didn't like hearing it, but it didn't sound the least bit rehearsed or insincere...

And even though at the time I couldn't stand hearing about it, it was very touching to say the least to hear the thoughts of Juan Williams about the significance of Obama being the first African American President. He didn't gloat, but rather gave a very emotional description of what it meant to him...

That's what irritates me the most about Fox News bashers...they watch Hannity and think that's what the network is all about, when really there is quite a bit of balance on the network. It leans to the right to be certain, but it's not in the tank...

Juan Williams is a prime example of the type of analyst that Fox has. Juan took a lot of heat earlier in the election cycle as not being 'black' because he was a commentator on Fox News by some commentator on CNN or MSNBC. Although I often disagree with Juan Williams on his perspectives, I find him to be a refreshing liberal voice. He firmly believes in liberal principles, but he's willing to admit when a liberal is full of crap. That's what I expect of a news channel. Everyone has a bias, there is no way around that, but at least when a candidate or a party makes a statement or has a policy that is full of crap, call them on it...

Yes, I will continue to be a Fox News fan long into the future, because when the race was called last night, the commentary from the 'other side' wasn't gloating, it was introspective and sincere...

Enough of that...where's my Fox News HD?!

Very well said!:hatsoff:

I think that CNN is just so pro democratic, when a really fair/unbias station appears, like FNC, people think it is right wing.

Like sugar. You don't eat any, a spoonful in your coffee tastes very sweet, but someone who uses 2 spoonfuls, 1 seems not sweet at all.

I think that CNN is just so pro democratic, when a really fair/unbias station appears, like FNC, people think it is right wing.

Like sugar. You don't eat any, a spoonful in your coffee tastes very sweet, but someone who uses 2 spoonfuls, 1 seems not sweet at all.

Fox News has a heavy pro-Republican (not necessarily conservative) bias.

On the other hand MSNBC has a heavy liberal bias.

The current incarnation of CNN tries to split the middle and has at least succeed in that each side believes they are too much of a shill for the other.

Fox News has a heavy pro-Republican (not necessarily conservative) bias.

On the other hand MSNBC has a heavy liberal bias.

The current incarnation of CNN tries to split the middle and has at least succeed in that each side believes they are too much of a shill for the other.

Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer did a surprisingly good job of keeping it in the middle this election year....however when ever they allow Cafferty on, it completely makes them look left sided, with his drunk demeanor and eye rolling of anything republican...they need to put him back on the street.
I am a FNC fan....yes they are more "republican based" in some of their views, but they always offer both sides of the argument. Something CNN does not do with Cafferty, they let him ask a very opinionated question, which opens the doors for left sided emails....no counterpoint to his claims or challenge to his argument, just a soapbox...i think he really does the channel an injustice. They do much better when he isn't on air.

It'd be nice to have ANY news other than CNN and CNBC. I usually like to get all three networks POV when there is something going on. Hell, I'll take CNN Headline News.

Saw the graghic for Fox News Sunday being broadcast in HD this morning on my local Fox affiliate, so we can't be far off from getting Fox News Channel in HD can we?

Bring it on before year end Charlie.

With all of the new uplinks today, will Charlie be announcing Fox News HD on Monday?

Please...pretty please.

FWIW my local Charter cable has FNC-HD listed in their new line-up effective "by" 1/1/'09. If they're getting it then it must be going everywhere because they never get anything.

FWIW my local Charter cable has FNC-HD listed in their new line-up effective "by" 1/1/'09. If they're getting it then it must be going everywhere because they never get anything.

It's worth at least a little to me Walt! :D

It seems like Dish has a hard time catching up with some of DirecTV's offerings, so the fact that your local Charter Cable affiliate is picking it up bodes well...I think.

With those TMP channels out there, all I can do is...:hungry:

Damn, my local Cox Cable Co. is getting Fox News HD, Speed HD, and FXHD tomorrow! Rat Finks. This is the first time they've gotten a channel before Dish! Come on Charlie!

My rinky-dink Charter cable put up FNC-HD over the holidays! It was having some major sound issues over the weekend but I expect they'll be ironed out.

I've been on a promo with them this year that's about to expire and I have to make some programming decisions between them and Dish. It used to be no comparison, as Dish had the better PQ but in the past 6 months (our) cable has improved to where most of it's channels are actually better than Dish - HD and SD.

Charter in this area still doesn't have as many channels as Dish and their SA HD DVR is nowhere near as good as the 622 but they do have a few more of the channels I like and with the internet & phone bundle they offer, it may prove to be a better deal until Fios gets up here.

I don't know if they realize it or not but Dish is way overdue for some kind of major deal-breaker if they want to stay competative.

Damn, my local Cox Cable Co. is getting Fox News HD, Speed HD, and FXHD tomorrow! Rat Finks. This is the first time they've gotten a channel before Dish! Come on Charlie!

Yeah, watching Engadget HD makes me sad now; every day, some new cable company somewhere is adding hd channels to their lineup. Granted, they had a lot of catching up to do, but they are getting channels that we don't have yet, like Fox News, FX, etc.

Comcast in knoxville,TN got about 4 new HD channels right before the holidays. My friends contract with comcast is up in January. I was tellin her to come to Dishnetwork, But now I wonder if it is worth it.....

She has AMC HD,FX HD,E HD,CNN HD,TRAVEL HD,FOOD HD, HGTV HD,LIFETIME HD, LIFETIMEMOVIE HD,SCFI HD,SPEED HD,SCI HD, DISCOVERY HD,TLC HD,FOXNEWS HD,WEATHER HD,HALLMARK HD, ALL LOCALS INCLUDING PBS HD,MTV HD,BRAVO HD,HISTORY HD,BIO HD,A&E HD,HBO HD,CINAMAX HD, STARS HD, ENCORE HD, WGN HD,UNIVERSAL HD,MGM HD,HDNETS, HD NET MOVIES,SMITHSONIAN HD,PADILLA HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, AND USA HD

cOMMING SOON HD CHANNELS SHOWS AS COMDEY HD AND NICK AND NICK 2 HD IN JANUARY

Last edited: