FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

Dish Network is losing customers to Directv and will continue to
do so until they start carrying Fox News HD.

Funny how liberals often engage the mantra of free speech when it suits them. But, of course, that only applies to people whose free speech is congruent with their liberal ideas. Besides, if you're not interested in Fox News, then why are you even in this thread, other than to persecute those who are?
So I'm not going to attempt to justify my preference for FNC. Likewise I'm going to leave be those who prefer news from the major networks, CNN, CNBC, etc.

I just want Fox News Channel to be added to the HD line up. Furthermore, I think FNC should be included in the same basic programming package levels as CNN, CNBC, etc.

Last edited:
Funny how liberals often engage the mantra of free speech when it suits them. But, of course, that only applies to people whose free speech is congruent with their liberal ideas. Besides, if you're not interested in Fox News, then why are you even in this thread, other than to persecute those who are?
So I'm not going to attempt to justify my preference for FNC. Likewise I'm going to leave be those who prefer news from the major networks, CNN, CNBC, etc.

I just want Fox News Channel to be added to the HD line up. Furthermore, I think FNC should be included in the same basic programming package levels as CNN, CNBC, etc.

+2 (my wife and I)

Fox news HD isn't like cnn HD. It is the SD channel pushed to the left with 3 boxes on the right with print and some weather info on the bottom right. Until they start broadcasting any actual HD content, it is just a waste of bandwidth. Or did I miss something??:)

I just want Fox News Channel to be added to the HD line up. Furthermore, I think FNC should be included in the same basic programming package levels as CNN, MSNBC, etc.

FWIW:

CNN: AT100 and up
FoxNews: AT200 and up (plus Family)
MSNBC: AT200 and up (I think it might also be in the welcome pack)

FNC is treated, for the most part, the same as MSNBC; but CNN is blessed above both of them. On the other hand, CNN is the grand daddy of cable news, so that kinda makes sense to have it in the more wide reaching package.

FWIW:

CNN: AT100 and up
FoxNews: AT200 and up (plus Family)
MSNBC: AT200 and up (I think it might also be in the welcome pack)

FNC is treated, for the most part, the same as MSNBC; but CNN is blessed above both of them. On the other hand, CNN is the grand daddy of cable news, so that kinda makes sense to have it in the more wide reaching package.

After I posted, I realized that I typed MSNBC instead of CNBC. Is there really any difference? Anyway, I edited that as soon as I looked it up to confirm CNBC is also in the basic tier. So that's at least two liberal-biased news channels. That's just the way libs like it though: readily available liberal propoganda disguised as journalism and with no competition.
Whatever endearing name you want to give CNN, I'd still easily trade it for FNC. Better yet, I actually prefer that CNN and FNC are both equally available. Let the people choose.

As for picture quality, if I can tolerate fake HD History Channel, I can tolerate fake HD FNC.

Dish Network is losing customers to Directv and will continue to
do so until they start carrying Fox News HD.

Dish is losing customers because of their cr@ppy customer service! :mad:
They couldn't get out of an open box if their lives depended on it. The most incompetent and rude people I have had to deal with in ages. Have been a customer for 12 years. The customer service has gotten so bad I am this close[] to dropping them!

Last edited:
Fox news HD isn't like cnn HD. It is the SD channel pushed to the left with 3 boxes on the right with print and some weather info on the bottom right. Until they start broadcasting any actual HD content, it is just a waste of bandwidth. Or did I miss something??:)

Must have:) Fox and Friends has been in HD since it launched, among others

You did miss something. FNC has plenty of hd programing.

You missed Fox & Friends, Glenn Beck, The Fox Report, Sean Hannity and Mike Huckabee. The three boxes in the HD Wing are gone from Neil Cavuto, Special Report, The O'Reilly Factor and On The Record. And more HD is coming. It's obvious that you don't even watch FNC. Before you comment, maybe you should know what you are talking about.

You missed Fox & Friends, Glenn Beck, The Fox Report, Sean Hannity and Mike Huckabee. The three boxes in the HD Wing are gone from Neil Cavuto, Special Report, The O'Reilly Factor and On The Record. And more HD is coming. It's obvious that you don't even watch FNC. Before you comment, maybe you should know what you are talking about.

My apologies my grumpy friend! I do prefer to watch FNC above all other news channels, and would welcome the hd version on Dish. Sorry again for ruining your day! I will crawl back in my hole now.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but it occurs to me that if the original deal between Dish and FOX included putting this channel in its "most widely distributed package", could that mean putting it in the package with the greatest number of subscribers? It would not surprise me if AT200 is the most widely distributed package, guaged by total number of customers who subscribe to it. Perhaps that is the basis for the dispute between Dish and FOX.

I do watch FOX News from time to time, but having it in HD would probably not make me any more or less likely to watch. I can't go to an HD-only pack right now either, as there are a number of SD-only channels that my wife and kids watch.

FNC would be my main regret in dropping from AT200 + SilverHD to just the SilverHD pack (in order to save $10/month). I can do without the other 50 billion SD channels that I would lose, but losing FNC would be a big loss. That is why I am hoping they add FNC HD soon (even though there is no actual HD on the channel) because it would solve that problem.

FNC would be my main regret in dropping from AT200 + SilverHD to just the SilverHD pack (in order to save $10/month). I can do without the other 50 billion SD channels that I would lose, but losing FNC would be a big loss. That is why I am hoping they add FNC HD soon (even though there is no actual HD on the channel) because it would solve that problem.

Yeh there are also some others in HD that have to be added so we can drop to Turbo Silver. It's an $18 saving per month for me: DDA AT200 and Silver HD is $68 and DDA Turbo Silver is $50.

I regret going to AbsoluteHD (the day before Turbo packages replaced it) because of the lack of any Fox channel that I watch. NatGeo's cool, but I need FNC, FX, and Speed, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)