FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

Please lock this thread!

Why?

Fox News HD is still not available for everyone who should eventually have access to it, so why close the thread. Why not close the uplink threads that are over a week old? There's is nothing to be gained from discussions on those threads yet they remain open.

If you're requesting that this thread be closed because of a few people who can't obey the rules of this site, then there are quite a few other threads that need to be closed as well.

Sorry, I'm just not getting it.

Why?

Fox News HD is still not available for everyone who should eventually have access to it, so why close the thread. Why not close the uplink threads that are over a week old? There's is nothing to be gained from discussions on those threads yet they remain open.

If you're requesting that this thread be closed because of a few people who can't obey the rules of this site, then there are quite a few other threads that need to be closed as well.

Sorry, I'm just not getting it.

Why?

Because there is plentiful evidence Dish is in the process of adding Fox News and Fox Business HD. Thus, where are you Fox news HD? Uplinked on 129 and 61.5. Reopen it in a week if they are not fully available by then.

There are now several other threads on FNC HD and FBN HD.

Why?

Because there is plentiful evidence Dish is in the process of adding Fox News and Fox Business HD. Thus, where are you Fox news HD? Uplinked on 129 and 61.5. Reopen it in a week if they are not fully available by then.

There are now several other threads on FNC HD and FBN HD.

What's the hurry to close this thread? The Voom thread stayed up for nearly 3000 posts before it was closed and the reason the thread was created was to discuss the removal of Voom from the Dish list of channels. So Voom was gone, and the thread stayed open for almost six months and 3000 posts after Voom was gone and would not make a comeback. In addition, there have been scores of Voom threads in addition to the 'Voom goes Boom' thread.

Let the admins decide when it's time to close a thread, they do a great job. They'll know when the right time is...it may be today, but who knows?

What's the hurry to close this thread? The Voom thread stayed up for nearly 3000 posts before it was closed and the reason the thread was created was to discuss the removal of Voom from the Dish list of channels. So Voom was gone, and the thread stayed open for almost six months and 3000 posts after Voom was gone and would not make a comeback. In addition, there have been scores of Voom threads in addition to the 'Voom goes Boom' thread.

Let the admins decide when it's time to close a thread, they do a great job. They'll know when the right time is...it may be today, but who knows?

That's because Voom was gone and wanted a forum to complain.

You want a forum to complain that Dish ADDED Fox News HD. Or are you going to start whining about package placement, PQ, lack of actual HD? What?

Remember why you started the thread:

I realize that it will be 'SOON' but does anyone have any idea when Fox News HD will arrive to Dish subscribers?

It's the one channel that stands between me and an all HD package.

Any info?...anybody?....

That question is now answered.

This back and forth could go on all day...I'll agree to disagree with you HDRoberts. We have differing opinions on the matter and that's not going to change.

Mojo...if an observation and a compliment constitute having a brownnose, then guilty as charged.

This back and forth could go on all day...I'll agree to disagree with you HDRoberts. We have differing opinions on the matter and that's not going to change.

Good deal. Perhaps with the channel added, this thread will die of its own accord.

Now I'm off tho start a "Travel Channel HD - Where are you?" thread. Since it apparently makes sense to have threads about when were are going to get channels we already get. :D Or maybe I'll dig up the Sci Fi HD... when can we watch thread...

Good deal. Perhaps with the channel added, this thread will die of its own accord.

Now I'm off tho start a "Travel Channel HD - Where are you?" thread. Since it apparently makes sense to have threads about when were are going to get channels we already get. :D Or maybe I'll dig up the Sci Fi HD... when can we watch thread...

Whatever floats your boat, man! :)

still NOT answered

That question is now answered.

I still don't have Fox in HD. I get FNC in standard def in my HD only package, but what I would really like to know is:

Fox NEWS HD - Where are you?

I mean it's great that the legal hurdles are out of the way. And it's great that some people are getting it. And it's great that I can get standard def FNC even though I couldn't before (because I'm in the Bronze HD only package). But I still want to get FNC HD. I still don't have FNC HD. And I really want to know when I'm ACTUALLY going to see it on MY TV. Maybe you are not interested in what shows up on my TV, but I am. And this thread is good for me - so I'll read and post in this very relevant thread. If it has no relevance for you because your cable provider or DirecTV has always had Fox News in HD - good for you, maybe this particular forum isn't for you anymore.

I still don't have Fox in HD. I get FNC in standard def in my HD only package, but what I would really like to know is:

Fox NEWS HD - Where are you?

I mean it's great that the legal hurdles are out of the way. And it's great that some people are getting it. And it's great that I can get standard def FNC even though I couldn't before (because I'm in the Bronze HD only package). But I still want to get FNC HD. I still don't have FNC HD. And I really want to know when I'm ACTUALLY going to see it on MY TV. Maybe you are not interested in what shows up on my TV, but I am. And this thread is good for me - so I'll read and post in this very relevant thread. If it has no relevance for you because your cable provider or DirecTV has always had Fox News in HD - good for you, maybe this particular forum isn't for you anymore.

Yeah, why it isn't in HD only packs is puzzling. You have SD due to the free preview. But the fact is, it is now available. Switch to Classic Bronze + BronzeHD if you really want it. I hate that after a year of whining, that now we have to complain about what package it's in. Will I be iritatied if the channels I want don't turn up in HD only? Yes, but I won't keep asking where they are. Dish carries them, I just would need to change packs.

LOL...:D

A bit disappointed

Hello.

Years and years ago I switched form ‘‘D’’ to "E".
I have had no complaints about a thing. I think the equipment is terrific and I never had a complaint about customer support.

I am very patient in waiting for new HD to be added...I understand things take time....but,

I recently changed my package to turbo HD gold plat. Without any movie channels.
My friend is a DVD freak and I can borrow them when needed.

What I am trying to say is that it has been disappointing that I have been waiting for fox news for years to be added as HD, and now I find out that it is a preview. I don't understand why the HD only package is not going to include this channel.

When my preview ends, I think my time with "E'' will end too.
Sorry ''E"

THanks Guys...Joe

What I am trying to say is that it has been disappointing that I have been waiting for fox news for years to be added as HD, and now I find out that it is a preview. I don't understand why the HD only package is not going to include this channel.

When my preview ends, I think my time with "E'' will end too.
Sorry ''E"

THanks Guys...Joe

I've been watching Fox HD news since Fox made it available to the highest tier, and I want to let everyone know who thinks they can't live without it, that it isn't all that it's cracked-up to be. I get a fair amount of audio drop outs or stuttering and image pixilation. In addition, most of the programming is in SD with the live picture slid to the left with the remaining space filled with a lot of busy information, which I very seldom pay attention to. However, when the feed is true HD for a few hours, it's great!

Bottom line, for most of the time, I'd rather watch the SD only feed.

WHAT!

Bottom line, for most of the time, I'd rather watch the SD only feed.[/quote]

You must have a 10 inch screen or you would not be saying that.
Anyone who says they would rather watch SD over the "mirrored" HD Channel is either blind or has a small screen Television,

I love The Fox News Channel in HD and it is a very good HD channel in comparison to its "mirrored" SD counter part.

Bottom line, for most of the time, I'd rather watch the SD only feed.

Anyone who says they would rather watch SD over the "mirrored" HD Channel is either blind or has a small screen Television,

I love The Fox News Channel in HD and it is a very good HD channel in comparison to its "mirrored" SD counter part.[/QUOTE]

I have a 40" screen, and Fox HD is great when their feeding true HD early AM and prime time in the evening. The dropped sound and picture and pixellation has been a severe problem today. I switched to SD.

[/B]
My wife records Huckabee and O'Reilly, and she doesn't actually watch, just listens, so if/when we get the HD version, the timer will still be in SD to save DVR space. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)