Fox on G16 99.0 West C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kid Dish

Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
US Southwest
Hi All.

Maybe this is old info for many of you, but I just recently started having problems pulling in WSJX Fox-Puerto Rico on G16. I get a very strong signal Q on 3845/15030 but just get a black screen. When I do a scan of the TP, nothing new shows up. On 3848/15029 I also get a very strong signal Q and have scanned in several channels, but no WSJX. I've tried PID searches and everything I can think of.

Also, KRBK (3720/7330) wavers erratically between no signal and then, suddenly, an 85 SQ! Then nothing again.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. There's a bunch of stuff I still watch just fine on G16, but these were/are two of my favorites.

I run a Manhatten RS-1933 and really like it, but on this issue I'm dead in the water.

Thanks.

oh yeah there is plenty I dont know ;)
(i just remembered the thread about the PIDS changing for NBC & FOX because they went HD)

As for the other question (KRBK) I cant get it on the 6 footer so I cant help there

Thanks, Blindowl. Whenever I have troubles, I always tend to first think that there's something wrong with my set-up. It's helpful to hear other people's challenges and what they do to overcome them. I'll just expect to be "tweaking" the dish whenever I want to watch KBRK.

I find KBRK quite inconsistant on the 8' dish, likely needs a really good s/n to keep it locked. It mostly works though unless it's windy or really rainy. Receivers here are AzBox and MicroHD, same result on either one. The 10' dish works really well, the extra gain makes a big difference on these S2 signals.

The FOX Caribbean channel often has the same programming just an hour earlier. It's PIDs are V-2049 A-10242(Dolby) PID-2049 on 3847 H 15029 TP. Think it's MPEG-4 at 720p 60Hz just in case your receiver doesn't scan it in automatically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)