Fox RSNs will be gone from YouTube TV on 10-1-2020

This time it appears to be for good.
Hope Sinclair goes bankrupt.
Not if they get enough stations to transition to ATSC 3.0, but I am glad to see a major vMVPD agreeing with Dish, and I think there will be more saying NO to Sinclair's Fox Regionals. Boy, Michael Eisner found a great sucker, IMHO. Murdoch knew the value of the Regionals were declining, and he made it a part of the Disney purchase, but DOJ would only approve the sale of most of Fox if Disney sold the Regionals, and Disney hoisted them upon Sinclair. I don't think Eisner even thought the Fox Regionals had any real long-term value, so he was glad to be required to get rid of them and do the best they can with their ESPN properties. Yeah, creepy Sinclair.

Not if they get enough stations to transition to ATSC 3.0, but I am glad to see a major vMVPD agreeing with Dish, and I think there will be more saying NO to Sinclair's Fox Regionals. Boy, Michael Eisner found a great sucker, IMHO. Murdoch knew the value of the Regionals were declining, and he made it a part of the Disney purchase, but DOJ would only approve the sale of most of Fox if Disney sold the Regionals, and Disney hoisted them upon Sinclair. I don't think Eisner even thought the Fox Regionals had any real long-term value, so he was glad to be required to get rid of them and do the best they can with their ESPN properties. Yeah, creepy Sinclair.
Just a nitpicky point. I believe it was Bob Iger at the head of Disney, not Eisner.

Reactions: Poorsha and ncted
This time it appears to be for good.
Hope Sinclair goes bankrupt.

At what the programmers want these days for their product, it just is not worth it. That is unless Dish wants to continue to raise their prices and more subs go to cord cutting. I doubt Sinclair will go bankrupt. They are too popular. Sports costs a lot of money. I wonder how long Direct & cable will continue to pay for it?

Just a nitpicky point. I believe it was Bob Iger at the head of Disney, not Eisner.
Yeah, of all the goofs. I really don't know why I had Eisner on my mind. Mr. Bob Iger it is. Mr. Eisner sure did leave an impression on all at Disney and outside of the big D. Eisner does deserve credit for saving Disney and creating it into the huge media company it is today, but toward the end he really did stay too long and Bob Iger was the right choice at the right time for the company and its investors.

Yeah, of all the goofs. I really don't know why I had Eisner on my mind. Mr. Bob Iger it is. Mr. Eisner sure did leave an impression on all at Disney and outside of the big D. Eisner does deserve credit for saving Disney and creating it into the huge media company it is today, but toward the end he really did stay too long and Bob Iger was the right choice at the right time for the company and its investors.
Easy mistake. When you think of Disney, only four names come to mind (other than actors and animators) : Walt (and to a lesser extent, his surviving brother, Roy), Eisner and Iger. And you have to give those four (really three) their due. Who could imagine replacing Walt? Yet, not only did Eisner do that, he did it big. You'd never forget Walt, but Eisner made sure you knew his name too. And then again.... with Iger. Who the HELL can follow Eisner?.....well...Iger.! An amazing run of CEOs.

I purposely did not Google to see who is now the head. Let HIM (or her?) make a name for themself I don't have to Google.

Easy mistake. When you think of Disney, only four names come to mind (other than actors and animators) : Walt (and to a lesser extent, his surviving brother, Roy), Eisner and Iger. And you have to give those four (really three) their due. Who could imagine replacing Walt? Yet, not only did Eisner do that, he did it big. You'd never forget Walt, but Eisner made sure you knew his name too. And then again.... with Iger. Who the HELL can follow Eisner?.....well...Iger.! An amazing run of CEOs.

I purposely did not Google to see who is now the head. Let HIM (or her?) make a name for themself I don't have to Google.
I think "they" have a bald head :). I don't know if Iger is still overseeing from the board as was the plan and case, but the oversight is temporary. Iger was due to retire until Rupert Murdoch made a condition for the Fox sale to be that Iger had to continue as CEO for a few years from the close of the deal. That was a very wise condition.

Somehow, the new CEO seems a bit harsh and comes across as being a bit ruthless and crass compared to Iger and seems to lack the ability to even appear to be a friendly-type like Eisner was able to craft as his public persona--behind closed doors he was quite opposite and a micro-manager who got on everybody's nerves. Both Eisner and Iger knew how to present themselves publicly, especially aware they were running DISNEY, a brand of public friendliness. The new guy just comes across as mean and his arbitrary lay-offs seem like a payback punishment against the government in regards to re-opening during Covid. If Disney front-line workers thought Iger didn't care about them, I think they are in for worse with the new guy who seems to care even less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)