Fox Saturday Baseball Blackouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Any word if we still have to deal with this crap? I can't tell you how much this one really bites me in the ass. I remember years back, maybe late mid to late 90's and early 00's when ESPN had exclusive rights to the 7pm and 10pm slot with their double headers and we used to have to deal with blackouts on both Wednesday and Saturday. Anyway, I've searched and haven't really found anything so I guess it's still in effect. ONe thing I did notice all but like two of the FOX Saturday games this year starts at 4:00 with first pitch at 4:10. Last year first pitch was at 3:50. I don't understand how it's fair to black out 1 pm games in this case if their game isn't even going to start till 4!!!!! So freaking ridiculous.

Unfortunately it looks like the same exact thing as last year and the prior year. The only game will be the one shown on FOX

Unfortunately it looks like the same exact thing as last year and the prior year. The only game will be the one shown on FOX

They really have to do something about that. When you want to follow your team daily and you shell out a good bit of money to do it, it's sucks that we are left out in the cold and black on Saturday afternoons.

The Saturday blackout is why I don't purchase the baseball package from DirecTV. If I'm paying a bunch of money for the baseball package there shouldn't be any blackouts. FOX usually shows a game on Saturday that I don't care about anyway so I'm not watching their channel anyway.

Fox has the blackout window up to 7PM Central on Saturdays so those teams that like to have 6:05 Central starts like the Twins get blacked out for EI viewers

so as long as the game starts after 7:00 Central time then its on EI

If the game is before 3:00 (the Cubs & Jays have had noon start times) then they are shown too. The blackout window is from 3-7 Central

I purchased the package last year for the first time not aware of this ridiculous policy. Needless to say I did not renew it for this year. With the Sirius/XM merger I now have access to all of the games that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts