No Fox Sports on Dish, so thinking about switching. Have questions though.

I believe there are discount for D* and att wireless ...

Every time I call D* they ask if I have an att cell phone

I think there was a promo $15 off + hbo for life if u have att wireless + D*

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I get $25 off per month as a bundle discount and free HBO, have an older plan though from before they acquired DirecTV and it was probably one of the first bundle deals they came out with after the acquisition.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

What makes you think the Fox RSN's are going to be any more secure on D*? Sinclair now owns them and Sinclair is regularly entering disputes with D*. They didn't pay all that money for the RSN's to not raise prices. The grass isn't always greener.

Sinclair Broadcasting Wins Disney RSNs In $10.6 Billion Deal – Deadline

https://www.multichannel.com/news/small-tv-stations-locked-in-retrans-dispute-with-directv

https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/a...ned-stations-negotiating-retrans-in-bad-faith

Contract disputes continue to keep stations off DirecTV in Springfield area

What makes you think the Fox RSN's are going to be any more secure on D*? Sinclair now owns them and Sinclair is regularly entering disputes with D*. They didn't pay all that money for the RSN's to not raise prices. The grass isn't always greener.

Sinclair Broadcasting Wins Disney RSNs In $10.6 Billion Deal – Deadline

https://www.multichannel.com/news/small-tv-stations-locked-in-retrans-dispute-with-directv

https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/a...ned-stations-negotiating-retrans-in-bad-faith

Contract disputes continue to keep stations off DirecTV in Springfield area

They’ll have to come to an agreement with someone (Sinclair) or else they’ll be worth nothing if 30,000,000 potential customers are in the dark. They can do their own streaming service, but that will cut out some of the potential ratings. For it to work Sinclair needs ratings.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

They’ll have to come to an agreement with someone (Sinclair) or else they’ll be worth nothing if 30,000,000 potential customers are in the dark. They can do their own streaming service, but that will cut out some of the potential ratings. For it to work Sinclair needs ratings.

They don't care about ratings all that much, because RSNs make a minority of their revenue via advertising. They make most of their money by forcing most cable/satellite subscribers in and around the big cities where they operate to pay several dollars a month for them whether they are watched or not.

Sinclair needs the agreements because they need that money. Which implies they need contracts that force cable/satellite companies to make it harder to create attractive packages without those RSNs for non sports fans to choose. I'll bet they are planning on leveraging their locals to enforce or even extend that. Disputes with Sinclair are more likely now that they own those RSNs, not less - and even if you don't live in region for one of those RSNs you will be affected by this if one of your locals is Sinclair owned.

Hi there, long time Dish customer who has generally been happy with their service, but between losing HBO and now losing Fox Sports I think it might be the last straw. However, I have some questions.

First off, I want to ask about local channels. My CBS is owned by Nexstar, and from my understanding there is a contract dispute. I do have a nice antenna outside and can pick up my local CBS (KLST). Right now I have the Hopper with sling from Dish and I have an OTA adapter so I can view antenna channels on all of my televisions. I'm unable to run an antenna cable to one of my televisions so this has been an absolute lifesaver to have it go through the Hopper.

I've read that Directv has a similar adapter here on this forum, but apparently it is difficult to obtain? Is it only for customers who are affected by contract disputes? I would fall under that category, but I wonder if being a new customer would make any difference? Also, does every receiver have to have the adapter or can the main receiver send it to all receivers throughout the house?

Second question regards NFL Red Zone. I am a fantasy football junky. I love this channel. I remember several years ago that I read that Red Zone requires Sunday Ticket subscription. Is this still the case?

Third. I am still familiarizing myself with the Directv equipment. As mentioned earlier, one of my televisions does not have any wiring to it and uses a wireless Joey. Does Directv have a wireless receiver option? Will I be able to see the antenna channels on it?

Fourth, when my dad comes over I let him watch RFD-TV which comes in HD on Dish but apparently does not come in HD on Directv. Any chance that an HD feed will be added in the future? This is probably the least important issue for me, but I still would prefer it being HD if possible.

Fifth, I am a AT&T wireless customer. Do I get any discounts/perks for being subscribed to both?

Lastly, is there anything else I need to know before I switch? I want to give Dish a week or two to try to get their act together, but if the HBO and Univision blackouts taught me anything it's to not hold my breath.

I think some of these may have been answered but after reading your post some here are some of the things I noticed
  1. The LCC (Local Channel Connector) is only available to customers that are affected by an active dispute however as your local CBS affiliate is owned by Nexstar you qualify! If you decide to sign up for DirecTV just be sure to sign up for the Genie not the Genie 2 as the LCC will not work with the Genie 2. I believe the easiest way to get one would be to call customer care and speak with loyalty (most of them are US based) and they will order you one.
  2. DirecTV does not have the NFL Red Zone that Dish and other providers carry theirs is a special version produced for the NFL Sunday Ticket and requires a subscription to the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package. If you order the Choice package or higher you will get NFL Sunday Ticket Max included for the 2019 at no extra cost and you will also get the NFL Fantasy Zone channel (which is exclusive to DirecTV's NFL ST Max package).
  3. DirecTV does have Wireless Genie Minis and like others mentioned the C61W is the newest/best model of them. I have a 2 C41W models and they work decent but can be a bit sluggish at times compared to their wired counterparts. However there is a one time $99 charge for opting for at least 1 wireless minis as the free professional install includes up to 4 wired room installs. The $99 charge is for the Wireless Video Bridge (its about the size of a Belkin router.)
  4. RFD-TV is in HD on D*.
  5. Right now if you have AT&T's Unlimited &More Premium plan you can pick a premium for free (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, VRV or Pandora). If you pick one of the movie channels they will be free on DirecTV.
    • If you happen to have one of the following discontinued/grandfathered plans you may still qualify for free HBO: Unlimited Choice, Unlimited Choice II, Unlimited Choice Enhanced, Unlimited Plus, Unlimited Plus Enhanced
      • For anyone who happens to have one of the 5 grandfathered plans above and haven't activated their HBO benefit and don't have DirecTV all you have to do is create a free DirecTV Now (soon to be AT&T TV Now) account and link your AT&T mobile number to it and the benefit will unlock. This also provides access to HBO GO using DTV Now login credentials.
    • If you are in the Military or are a Veteran then you may qualify for their Military Appreciation Offer where you can save 25% off either the Unimited &More or Unlimited &More Premium wireless plan, $15 off ongoing discount on DirecTV and $15 off ongoing discount on AT&T Internet (if available in your area)
    • If you are First Responder then you may qualify for their First Responder Appreciation Offer (discounts same as the Military Appreciation Offer).
  6. Since you mentioned HBO, DirecTV is offering new subscribers a free year of HBO if they subscribe to Choice or above aside from that Choice and above have a Regional Sports Fee that varies per area (the max is $8.49) but other than that nope can't think of anything.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
One other perk not mentioned is any cellular streaming using the DIRECTV or the AT&T TV app does not count against your data usage.

Thanks! I forgot to mention that lol If you have one of their metered data plans (like grandfathered Mobile Share Value/Advantage/Flex or the current Mobile Share Plus) streaming thru the DTV app / AT&T TV app doesn't count towards your data. If you have any of the Unlimited plans like Unlimited Plus, Plus Enhanced or Unlimited &More Premium streaming through DIRECTV or the AT&T TV app will not count towards the 22GB/line limit before AT&T may temporary slow speeds when the network is busy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)