Paid bill

Ritamorris

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2019
Golden ms
I cannot get my TV to show anything after they deactivated my directv, I sent my payment in and I can't get the TV to show anything but white and Grey snowy.. I have done the reset, unplugged for 15 to 20 seconds nothing helps.. I am using the genie remote new batteries don't know what else to do, any help would be appreciated..

I cannot get my TV to show anything after they deactivated my directv, I sent my payment in and I can't get the TV to show anything but white and Grey snowy.. I have done the reset, unplugged for 15 to 20 seconds nothing helps.. I am using the genie remote new batteries don't know what else to do, any help would be appreciated..
:welcome to Satelliteguys Ritamorris!
It sounds like your account was suspended for non payment, yes? Assuming your account is now current, you can go to the AT&T website and get your equipment reauthorized. If that doesn't work, you should contact AT&T customer service.

That is correct on missing a bill payment, but I sent the payment in today and it showed that it went through with no problems.. I'm kind of new on the equipment that they had installed, I just thought after they received the payment that they could had turned it back on on there end,

If your TV is showing snow, it sounds like your on a different Input than what the D* set up is on, try changing your inputs with your TV remote ....
I would imagine that if they turned Off your account, you would see a Black screen, probably with a D* logo (maybe ATT ) and a message at the bottom to activate service ...

Once you find the correct input, if its not working I would call in to D* and have them verify its actually On ... (you might be able to reauthorize on line as well, but you would KNOW, if you talk to them directly)

Thank you for the reply,

I can't get my remote to do anything, it will only turn receiver and tv on and off. But I can't get it to change channels or anything else, I have the tv set on 3 I have tried the mute and select and also tried the mute and enter nither worked.. I have the cable one end to the tv and the other end to the receiver,

Thank you for the reply,

I can't get my remote to do anything, it will only turn receiver and tv on and off. But I can't get it to change channels or anything else, I have the tv set on 3 I have tried the mute and select and also tried the mute and enter nither worked.. I have the cable one end to the tv and the other end to the receiver,
Are you seeing the D* menus or channel guide on your TV ?

If not, you need to change the Input on the TV with the TV remote, not the D* remote (in most cases)

Not seeing anything on the tv, just salt pepper snow. I'm not using the unaversal remote only the little black and white remote that came with it,

It sounds like Jimbo is right, your tv isn't set to the right input. Try changing the input on the tv to HDMI1 or HDMI2. You will need the tv remote for this.

The big clue to your issue is you have your TV set to channel 3. Your TV's channel 3 input expects you to have an antenna attached, which you do not have. That's why you are getting snow.

As everyone else has said, you need to get your TV to change to a different input. Most of the time it's easiest to use the TV's remote for that (not the DirecTV remote). Second best would be to use the button on your TV labeled 'Input'. Make sure your DirecTV box is on first, then tap the 'Input' button on your TV until you see a picture.

If your TV does not have an 'Input' button, please tell us the brand and model of your TV.

I paid in full.. I'm suspended directv sent me the packageing box to send it back in, I'm gonna have to probably reorder another package.. I am greatful and thank you for your time and help try to resolve this matter.. I hope ya'll have a good day,

I love the play of your name!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Ritamorris
Rigor mortis

I thought it was deliberate

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

So, Thats it ...
No conclusion to the I ue we tried to solve ?
Was it the wrong input ?

I tried all the above nothing worked, sending the equipment back, I'll probly will renew account and reorder, and where I'm at been getting some pretty heavy rain.. Could have been caused on the outside on wiring or my satellite dish from wind damage..

I tried all the above nothing worked, sending the equipment back, I'll probly will renew account and reorder, and where I'm at been getting some pretty heavy rain.. Could have been caused on the outside on wiring or my satellite dish from wind damage..
No, thats not it ....

If you have NO sat dish connected, but the D* recvr is connected, you will still see the D* banner and the channel guide.

What you REALLY need to do at this point, is have D* come out to trouble shoot, instead of cancelling your service.

Are you out of commitment ? (if not, you'll Owe to cancel).
Why turn it off if your going to turn right back on .... You WON'T get the New sub discounts if thats what your hoping.

No, thats not it ....

If you have NO sat dish connected, but the D* recvr is connected, you will still see the D* banner and the channel guide.

What you REALLY need to do at this point, is have D* come out to trouble shoot, instead of cancelling your service.

Are you out of commitment ? (if not, you'll Owe to cancel).
Why turn it off if your going to turn right back on .... You WON'T get the New sub discounts if thats what your hoping.

I just don't know what else to do, I have tried all the the cables and making sure there was no lose ones, everything was working fine before the suspension, never unhooked anything from how the tech installed it, I paid my bill online and it said transaction was successful..

I turned it all back on with my genie remote, and all I got was the snow screen, my receiver only hade one hook up for my coax cable, and power cord, and the red white and yellow hookups... I have only one hookup on my tv for the coax cable, and the cable one in to tv and the other end to the one cable spot on the back of receiver,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)