DirecTV and AT&T Internet combined bill - unlimited Internet?

evenout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
With DirecTV Satellite and AT&T Internet (copper/DSL Internet ... not fiber or wireless) if you combined those two services on the same bill, then they gave you unlimited Internet.

Does that still apply with DirecTV Stream?

Can you even combine a DirecTV Stream and AT&T Internet onto one bill?

I can't remember exactly what the monthly data allotment with AT&T Internet is, I want to say 1TB, which is probably more than enough anyway. But I know when DirecTV Satellite was combined with the AT&T Internet/Phone bill, the restriction was removed and it was unlimited.

I suspect that this does not apply with DirecTV Stream - but thought I would ask.

AFAIK, billing for DTV Stream is always separate, auto-pay to your card on file (much like Netflix). That said, the same was true back when the service was called AT&T TV, and before that, DTV Now, and I'm pretty sure that those customers were getting unlimited data from AT&T Internet. I think they had to cross-validate their accounts somehow (via the telephone number on file with AT&T, I think).

Virtually nothing has changed in terms of how AT&T treats DTV Stream since it was spun off and rebranded from AT&T TV. They still offer it to you to bundle during AT&T Fiber sign-up. So if I had to guess, I'd say that yes, it still qualifies you for unlimited data on AT&T Internet. (I do know that all their tiers with download speeds of 100 Mbps or greater come with unlimited data anyhow, although very few Uverse/DSL customers live close enough to the node to get 100 Mbps.)

Best thing for you to do would be to contact AT&T customer service and see what they tell you.

Reactions: Jimbo
I had ATT DSL over copper for years with a separate DirecTV bill. Ok, that's not counting 18yrs of getting free DIrecTV, but the DSL was always unlimited. Several years ago I bundled by ATT home phone, ATT DSL and DirecTV on one bill and there was no change in the unlimited DSL. Then 100MB ATT fiber was installed in my hood and I switched over to that, still bundled. Then I got a notice since I was a good customer they upgraded my speed to 300MB for free and its still unlimited.

Reactions: Jimbo
AT&T Fiber now has no caps regardless of bundling with any other services. This does not necessarily apply to DSL-based services which may still have caps

For anyone wondering, unlimited data is included with AT&T's "Internet 100". 100 Mbps is the max speed for AT&T's FTTN VDSL2 and you must be pretty close to the node/VRAD to get it, your copper loop (the copper line ran from the node/VRAD to your house) must be 1,200 feet or shorter.

If the only speed you can get at your house is below 100 Mbps you will have a 1 TB data cap. In that case you can get unlimited either by paying an extra $30 per month, or bundling DTV, or DTV Stream.

All AT&T Fiber plans include unlimited data, and since Fiber service is not sensitive to distance like VDSL2 and ADSL2+, if you can get AT&T Fiber you can pick whatever speed you want, which is currently 300 Mbps, 500 Mbps, and 1 gigabit. AT&T has also started rolling out a 2 gigabit and 5 gigabit speed tier as well (upload speed is same as download speed on fiber as well).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)