Fox Soccer & Fox Soccer Plus moved??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's hard to do a manual timer when you are out of town. Can a manual timer be set from the remote app?
It is against my religion to miss a Man Utd game.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you go to the guide for 149, you will find the "Moving to 406" message coincides with the times for both the Sunday PL games (0530-0730, 0800-1000 PDT), so just click on each of them and set a "once" timer just like for any other program.

If FSCHD is canceled, I am gone...
Same here. That's the only reason I pay for the tier. I'm a bit irate about my guide as well. So you're moving the channels around. It is completely unacceptable to replace every programs information with an announcement that the channel is moving. WTF are you thinking Dish? I hope I'm making a fool out of myself and there's some way to turn this off that I'm not seeing :)

I was just on with customer support for an hour trying to resolve this. Earlier today I was on america's silver with the multi-sport package to get FSCHD. Today when the receiver tells me FSCHD is moving to 406 the HD channel isn't available there. Customer service told me the system was in error giving me FSCHD with just multi-sport and the only way to get FSCHD was to have America's top 250. I switched to top 250 but 406 is still not available in HD.

So, is 406 just in error in not displaying HD?? Or did customer service lie to me about requiring the top 250 package?

Joe

I was just on with customer support for an hour trying to resolve this. Earlier today I was on america's silver with the multi-sport package to get FSCHD. Today when the receiver tells me FSCHD is moving to 406 the HD channel isn't available there. Customer service told me the system was in error giving me FSCHD with just multi-sport and the only way to get FSCHD was to have America's top 250. I switched to top 250 but 406 is still not available in HD.

So, is 406 just in error in not displaying HD?? Or did customer service lie to me about requiring the top 250 package?

Joe

Yes it is just an error. I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

My productive chat with Dish support. My how they have gone down the tubes lately. Super-technical problems aside, it used to be such a pleasure contacting them when I had to. They did that one little thing that makes such a huge difference in support - they listened. Now? not so much.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Halbert (ID: HFB): Hi!
Halbert (ID: HFB): How may I help you today?
ianai: Hey there!
ianai: A couple of things.
Halbert (ID: HFB): Yes, I am here to help you.
ianai: The first - I understand that you guys are moving some channels around but is there any way to actually view my programming rather than the message that channels are moving in the guide?
Halbert (ID: HFB): I will be happy to assist you with your request.
ianai: It's pretty frustrating trying to find something when they all say This channel will be moving (in two weeks mind you)
ianai: Thanks
Halbert (ID: HFB): You're welcome.
Halbert (ID: HFB): I will definitely provide you the information now.
ianai: Okay
Halbert (ID: HFB): What channels are you looking for?
ianai: 149
Halbert (ID: HFB): Okay.
ianai: That's the only one I care about.
Halbert (ID: HFB): Okay, Let me find that for you.
ianai: Wait, I knwo where it is
Halbert (ID: HFB): 149 is a Fox soccer channel.
Halbert (ID: HFB): It's available in Multi sports package.
ianai: I know, I have it
ianai: it is the only channel I watch
Halbert (ID: HFB): You can enjoy all the sports channels available in a Multisports package.
Halbert (ID: HFB): For security purposes, would you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?
ianai: Please, let me explain because you clearly didn't understand the problem
Halbert (ID: HFB): It's also available in Americas top 250 package.
Halbert (ID: HFB): Sure, Please go head.
ianai: In my guide, when I go to see what shows are coming on. Instead of saying what is going to come on, everything says "This channel is moving"
Halbert (ID: HFB): I understand.
ianai: So instead of Premier League Soccer, it will say, This channel is moving
ianai: And I understand that it's moving. I already PAY for the channel. I just want to see what is really coming on, not the same message over and over that a channel is moving to a new number.
Halbert (ID: HFB): I'd like to inform you that, Fox Soccer channel is moving to channel 406.
ianai: DAMN IT!

I know I'm probably jumping to conclusions here, but with those services relocating, perhaps that opens up some slots for more music channels? Fuse could go right back to 158, but CMT Pure Country and Soundtrack Channel would be welcome additions for me.

joe83: I too had (have) America's Silver with the $7 multi-sport package to get FSC HD. DISH reps had repeatedly told me that the only way to get FSC HD was to have America's top 250. I resisted, and one day dummied up a new customer order to see what sort of sweet deals a new sub could get, and saw FSC HD plainly listed as something they'd get with the multi-sport. So on a hunch, I added the multi-sport online last year and was thrilled to find that FSC HD indeed came with it at 149. I've been enjoying it ever since. Until now, that is. (man, those csr chats are funny, aren't they? What has the world come to!)

I joined here purely because of this topic (but have lurked for a few years now). Been on Dish since 2007 (DirecTV before that) but disconnected last month after losing my job. I rejoined this week and downgraded from AT250 to AT200 with the multi-sport purely for FSC HD and have been wondering the same with regards to the 406 move. I've spoken to two Dish Reps, neither of whom could tell me whether there would be a 406 HD.

Being English, FSC is one of the main attractions for me. If FSC moves to an SD-only channel then I'm going to head back to DirecTV where I was years ago and will watch games online instead.

It's seems pretty stupid bot to mirror the hd feed on 406. I have never seen Dish do that before. You'd think it would be fixed by now. Also. I should note on the Dish iPhone app 149 is sometimes never listed on the guide.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just found this elsewhere:
"Finally got clarification on this through customer support chat. Fox Soccer SD is available on Top 120 plus, but you have to have Top 250 to get the HD version.

Very confusing and contradicts their website. Lost a sub with that one."

source: dbstalk dot com/showthread.php?p=2832925#post2832925 (sorry, I can't post links)

There was an interesting reply from a Dish employee after that post:

"Just to clarify...Fox Soccer SD is available in DISH Family, AT120+, AT250, AEP DishLATINO Dos, DishLATINO Max, and the Multi Sports Package.

Fox Soccer Channel HD is available in HD 250, HD Dos, HD Max."

As well as this in a thread discussing the FSC move over on bigsoccer dot com:
"I think things are worse than we thought.

I just chatted with Dish help desk and they said "The Fox Soccer is in transition from one location to another on our satellite system at this time the channel is being shown in SD. I am sorry I do not have more details to provide." "

If the above is actually true then surely it goes against the "Free HD for life" thing if you're having to upgrade your programming to get an HD broadcast of a channel you're already getting in SD? :confused: I'd be willing to bet that the reason the Dish reps are saying there's no more info is just to shut us up. The info is that many of us will be losing FSC HD and they're just keeping it schtum

Finally, here's the most recent reply on the Bigsoccer thread:

I just called Dish and after spending ten minutes trying to explain that I wasn't having a technical issue they told me that there will no longer be an HD option for FSC. I asked why and they tried to defer all blame to Fox. My guess is some kind of contract dispute. Is HD still going to be available on other carriers like Direct TV or is this a broader problem than just Dish? I am bitter. It never ceases to amaze me that these blasted companies can sign you to a two year agreement and claim that the contract isn't nullified when the service that they provide materially changes over and over again. Don't feed me crap about a decision by Fox-- just live up to the service that I signed up for!!

Last edited:
I just got off chat with Dish and this is what they said:
[FONT=&quot]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to DISH Network Chat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Hi Joe.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): How may I help you today?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe: Hello, I just got off a chat with another rep and I have one more question. Ch.149 is moving to ch.406 on Sept 7. I get 149 in HD but 406 is currently only SD. The Rep said I can view this channel on CH. 4774, 4775 and 5306. When I go to all channel guide those channels do not appear. Will this chang happen after sept 7?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): For security purposes, would you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe: xxxx[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Please give me a moment to research this for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Your patience is greatly appreciated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): I apologize for the inconvenience, this is only the temporary change.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): You will get back to normal programming very soon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): There will be no changes to the packaging for these channels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe: All i am trying to figure out is that after sept 7 will Fox Soccer Channel be available in HD. If so, what channel will it be on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Let me help you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Could you please check channel number 4943 for HD programming.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe : I am in all Channels guide and there is no 4943. The numbers go from 4092 then the next number is6002[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): I inform you that after September 7th you will no more receive this channel on 149, you can only watch on channel number 406.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Alright, I understand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe: I know that, it is plastered all over the guide info for 149, which is why my timers do not work. Ch. 406 is currently only in SD. Will this change to HD ever.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): You can watch In HD on 406 after September 7th.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): I am sorry for the inconvenience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe: Great, That is the answer I was I was looking for.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe: Have a great day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): It is my pleasure assiting you today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Your satisfaction is very important to us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ryan (ID: RD4): Thank you for using DISH Network chat and have a great day.[/FONT]

Once again, it seems won't know until after it happens.

Will be between a rock and a hard place. Checked Directv and boy their packages are more expensive! Granted, the "free" rugby would be nice. But Directv, if you just have one receiver is no where near competitive with Dish.

It's been about 24hrs since I originally asked the 406 in HD question. This is what I can conclude so far:

1) Zach from Dish was helpful with the manual timer suggestion for the Man U game. Got that done.
2) Dish online tech support is useless. Inconsistent answers back.
3) Dish upper echelons know fully what's going on with their Fox contract - if FSC HD will exists or not - and don't want their employees and thus their customers to be fully included on this information yet, all in a way to keep as many customers as possible.
4) Whatever the answer is at this point, there should be enough die hard soccer (football) fans who are DishNetwork customers totally frustrated at this point and ready to move to another company even if it's FSC SD only for everyone.
5) If the answer is no FSC HD for any satellite/cable company, why not just say that to ease the blow instead of being vague? I'll probably move anyway just because of the really poor customer service and not giving us the answers.
6) If the answer is yes FSC HD, why the hell don't the DishNetwork reps get the proper information to tell their customers? DishNetwork internally does not have their stuff together if that's the case - worrying.
7) Would seem a good idea if anyone high up enough knows if DirecTV customers are losing FSC HD or if someone can ask the question to their reps that they have guaranteed uninterrupred service so all us frustrated DishNetwork customers can plan our move there.

...I'll get off my soapbox now. Man U for life.

It would be dumb to make fsc hd avible on at250 and sd only on multisport

Just FYI, I have at250 and the HD for FSC is not showing up for me either at 406. One alternative if you have an HTPC or equivalent is to lower your package and do something like foxsoccer.tv. About $14 a month, but you do get quite a few games. I notice that it doesn't overlap with the channel though. The quality should be better than SD, but don't quote me on that.

In the interest of full disclosure I should mention that a different division of the company I currently work for provides the player and streams to Fox for their site.

--MDG

Just FYI, I have at250 and the HD for FSC is not showing up for me either at 406. One alternative if you have an HTPC or equivalent is to lower your package and do something like foxsoccer.tv. About $14 a month, but you do get quite a few games. I notice that it doesn't overlap with the channel though. The quality should be better than SD, but don't quote me on that.

In the interest of full disclosure I should mention that a different division of the company I currently work for provides the player and streams to Fox for their site.

--MDG
As an additional disclaimer, the provider for foxsoccer.tv just gave away a free month because many couldn't watch live matches last weekend. When working, the site is good... when working. It should also be noted games shown on FSC are delayed on foxsoccer.tv to Midnight that day.

They are removing it from the hd sections too.. 5306 & 9520..

Wonder wth are they thinking..

They are removing it from the hd sections too.. 5306 & 9520..

Wonder wth are they thinking..

Removing 9520 is probably the most worrying bit for me right now. The only reason I can see for that particular channel move is that it'll no longer be offered, period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts