Fox sport 2 now in HD!!!

I don't understand. Charlie drives to my house to personally tell me about these changes, he doesn't go to your house? :biggrin

Reactions: satjay
I don't understand. Charlie drives to my house to personally tell me about these changes, he doesn't go to your house? :biggrin
Wait... so that is who that guy with the sat dish on his Bentley is? I always thought that was a Jehovah Witness and so I never answered the door.

I know a lot of people think that Dish does not give customers any updates on channels changes but they usually do. The customer may need to go to the Dish 101 channel for news and other times they scroll a message across the screen on the channel you're watching telling you what is going to happen.

I remember when the Speed Channel changed and customer were complaining like crazy. Kept on saying how Dish took away their channel. I find it funny because if they actually watched that channel they would have seen a message on the screen saying how they were no longer going to have Speed. Apparently they don't watch that channel as much as they claim.

I know a lot of people think that Dish does not give customers any updates on channels changes but they usually do. The customer may need to go to the Dish 101 channel for news and other times they scroll a message across the screen on the channel you're watching telling you what is going to happen.

I remember when the Speed Channel changed and customer were complaining like crazy. Kept on saying how Dish took away their channel. I find it funny because if they actually watched that channel they would have seen a message on the screen saying how they were no longer going to have Speed. Apparently they don't watch that channel as much as they claim.
I actually rarely ever read the banner messages that are being presented to me right to my face. I blame Charlie for that.

Reactions: Tampa8
I actually rarely ever read the banner messages that are being presented to me right to my face. I blame Charlie for that.

I get that and I don't pay much attention to them either. I guess my point was, how is Dish suppose to get the message across? Most people try to ignore messages and direct mail pieces.

There should be a dish representative that drives to each persons house, all 14.092 million, and smack them in the face and announce there has been a change. Every single time a change takes place.

Reactions: Scherrman
For me, I get the monthly "See what's new at DISH" as well as some random e-mails from them about deals that I might be interested in. I would think that they would have list new Channels added during the month in this monthly e-mail. The "See what's new at DISH for October" e-mail talked about the Walking Dead Sweepstakes, Fantasy Football Hopper App, Dish Cinema Movies, and Free Previews for October, but no mention of new channels.

Not really a new channel, more less an updated channel. I guess if you count it as not a map down, it would be a new channel.

I get that and I don't pay much attention to them either. I guess my point was, how is Dish suppose to get the message across? Most people try to ignore messages and direct mail pieces.
Well look at Mr. Pragmatic, being all pragmatic and stuff. :D

I had to think for a few moments what I would pay attention to (often don't open the emails, don't read the banners, I'm starting to think I'm the problem and not Cheap Charlie, gonna need to turn up the obfuscation meter to 11). A one minute FYI titled "Programming Changes" added to the top of my DVR recording list. I'd look at that.

Well look at Mr. Pragmatic, being all pragmatic and stuff. :D

I had to think for a few moments what I would pay attention to (often don't open the emails, don't read the banners, I'm starting to think I'm the problem and not Cheap Charlie, gonna need to turn up the obfuscation meter to 11). A one minute FYI titled "Programming Changes" added to the top of my DVR recording list. I'd look at that.

If everyone would just come to this site daily then they wouldn't have to worry about being left in the dark with TV news. :biggrin

Bets on the increase come 1/17/2015? I say $4 a crossed the board with no change to HBO premium but showtime to go up by at least $2. No change to dvr service fee for hoppers, $10 for all other non hopper dvrs, and pro plan stays the same. Secondary hopper to go to $13 SJ to $11, and/or joeys to $8. Any takers?

The new ABC deal will command at least $4 of the increase, so I think it'll be more than that.

I don't think it will be more. Dish would lose their competitive edge. They would move those fees elsewhere across the board. Or increase the lower tier pckages. Bring the WP up to $24.99. That would close some of the gap between SP and WP. They need to phase out the DA packs altogether and make hd the standard option, but then they cannot tell people they are getting a $10 savings on hd programming. Just my opinion. I'm not privy to their costs, and expenses.

And I'm almost 100% positive they will pick up showtime anytime when their negotiations wrap up in December. That's why I said a price increase in that channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts