Fox Sports 2 HD?

tiorted

Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
What are the chances Dish adds Fox Sports 2 HD before NASCAR season starts? I've got Fox Sports SD on ch 397 now and the picture quality is horrible.

Since they are in a big legal fight at the moment with FOX then I don't see it happening.

Good thing all the races themselves will be on Fox Sports 1 which is in HD.

get used to seeing some NASCAR in inglorious SD as Dish and Fox aren't on good terms right now and not to mention, the whole Fox Sport 1 & 2 launch debacle in which Dish came close to not carrying the network on launch day as the old current deal is still in place. it may take years for Dish and Fox to settle their beef. if you want FS2 in HD, switch providers to one that carries it in HD.

get used to seeing some NASCAR in inglorious SD as Dish and Fox aren't on good terms right now and not to mention, the whole Fox Sport 1 & 2 launch debacle in which Dish came close to not carrying the network on launch day as the old current deal is still in place. it may take years for Dish and Fox to settle their beef. if you want FS2 in HD, switch providers to one that carries it in HD.

Fe2 won't have much motor sports action I don't think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are the chances Dish adds Fox Sports 2 HD before NASCAR season starts? I've got Fox Sports SD on ch 397 now and the picture quality is horrible.

None to none. :)

When Fox started up FS1 and FS2 and tried to get more money for these "new" channels that were really just renamed channels: Speed (HD / SD) and Fuel (SD only). Dish refused to pay extra and chose to continue with the current contract. Since they weren't paying for Fuel HD, they don't get FS2 HD.

There is no reason to expect this to change until the contract is up for renewal. I don't know when that is, but it is definitely not going to happen before NASCAR starts up.

The good news is that FS2 appears to be a leftovers / overflow channel for FS1. The fact that it is SD only hasn't bothered me one bit since I've never seen anything on it worth watching.

I think HD for FS2 might be essential especially when the continuing additions of different sports. Fox begins their World Cup coverage next year with the Women's World Cup. Fox hasn't set a plan yet but they need to find a way for all of the WC matches to be seen across a wide market. I think Fox might simulcast those overfill matches that FS1 can't fill with Fox News, FS2, or Fox Sports Networks/Root Sports or something.

Doesn't seem it's going to affect Daytona Speedweeks, as I just checked and all it's coverage seems to be set for FS1 (or FOX obviously). No idea about the remainder of the season but I have to wonder if some practice and qualifying sessions end up being shuffled off to FS2 before it's all said and done.

Chances are slim to none, about the same as the chances you'll see a driver make a right turn on the oval
Always some chance of that, though not by choice. Especially at tracks that are rough on RF tires.
Fe2 won't have much motor sports action I don't think.
Too late for that. The majority of the Rolex 24 was on FS2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fox has been screwing satellite and cable for years with overcharging and price increases on Fox broadcast, FSN channels, Fox News and the like. These bad feelings are not forgotten and won't be soon. Fox is going to need to come to the table and deal with it's past on this if there is an expectation here.

I think HD for FS2 might be essential especially when the continuing additions of different sports. Fox begins their World Cup coverage next year with the Women's World Cup. Fox hasn't set a plan yet but they need to find a way for all of the WC matches to be seen across a wide market. I think Fox might simulcast those overfill matches that FS1 can't fill with Fox News, FS2, or Fox Sports Networks/Root Sports or something.
It is getting too many FA Cup matches as well. Fox bites. FSC had the soccer coverage on certain packages. They completely mix it all up and now I can't watch a lot of their soccer coverage now on FS2 which is 250.

It is getting too many FA Cup matches as well. Fox bites. FSC had the soccer coverage on certain packages. They completely mix it all up and now I can't watch a lot of their soccer coverage now on FS2 which is 250.
I'm guessing that was Fox's goal to maximize profit when they rebranded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts