fox sports dispute

Sorry I watched it on 412-16 and it was a runaway, The stands were empty by halftime due to the heat. Crazy to schedule day games in Lubbock this early in the football season. When I had season tickets, all games prior to mid October were night games. I guess you need winning seasons to get the TV night games.

Kind of a update-

Now after the month-long blackout Sling TV has fully removed the channels from their channel guide. Now when you go to the Sign TV Fox RSN page on their website, you see a message informing you of the blackout and a message saying “They have made unreasonable demands, and we refuse to impose those demands on you, our customer.”

Recently during Dish’s 2nd quarter 2019 Dish earnings calls Dish announced that they are considering dropping Fox RSNs permanently. Dish said they offered a 30-day extension to their contract implying that Fox RSNs rejected that offer. Dish pushed the idea of how costly Fox RSNs are and how few viewers really watch the Fox RSNs. Dish did warn that they do expect to lose subscribers but hopes the ones who stay will get a price break. Hopefully, this means Sling TV and Dish customers could see a price cut.

Sling TV Fully Removes Fox RSNs After An Extended Blackout - Cord Cutters News

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: pattykay
Bruce if they removed them, then shouldn't DISH be coming through with a rebate now? Let's just say the charge was $3.50 a month for the RSN....or whatever....DISH is still charging full rates, and yet has not refunded. Yeah, they'll lose customers. Will it offset? Not sure. DISH is full of channels that everyone pays for that a small portion watch. Seems like DISH owes a refund now? Sling too.

Kind of a update-

Now after the month-long blackout Sling TV has fully removed the channels from their channel guide. Now when you go to the Sign TV Fox RSN page on their website, you see a message informing you of the blackout and a message saying “They have made unreasonable demands, and we refuse to impose those demands on you, our customer.”

Recently during Dish’s 2nd quarter 2019 Dish earnings calls Dish announced that they are considering dropping Fox RSNs permanently. Dish said they offered a 30-day extension to their contract implying that Fox RSNs rejected that offer. Dish pushed the idea of how costly Fox RSNs are and how few viewers really watch the Fox RSNs. Dish did warn that they do expect to lose subscribers but hopes the ones who stay will get a price break. Hopefully, this means Sling TV and Dish customers could see a price cut.

Sling TV Fully Removes Fox RSNs After An Extended Blackout - Cord Cutters News

Bruce if they removed them, then shouldn't DISH be coming through with a rebate now? Let's just say the charge was $3.50 a month for the RSN....or whatever....DISH is still charging full rates, and yet has not refunded. Yeah, they'll lose customers. Will it offset? Not sure. DISH is full of channels that everyone pays for that a small portion watch. Seems like DISH owes a refund now? Sling too.

Duh.

The biggest point is that there is no evidence that disputes like this effects prices, price goes up every year for most all providers, show me where prices go down.

If anyone says Dish’s prices go up less then everyone else, not true, they go up just as much, if not in programming then in fees.

They told me they're giving out 40 dollar credits to equal out so people can get youtube tv or similar and by the time the trial and month is up it will be playoff time and on regular tv. This seems counterintuitive to pay for someone a month of competition. What if you like it then and cancel?

Exactly, the point is that the DISH theory about being offer to lower prices is BS.

Duh.

The biggest point is that there is no evidence that disputes like this effects prices, price goes up every year for most all providers, show me where prices go down.

If anyone says Dish’s prices go up less then everyone else, not true, they go up just as much, if not in programming then in fees.

They told me they're giving out 40 dollar credits to equal out so people can get youtube tv or similar and by the time the trial and month is up it will be playoff time and on regular tv. This seems counterintuitive to pay for someone a month of competition. What if you like it then and cancel?
I really doubt this is true, what are they going to do when Basketball and Hockey seasons start up, keep giving out $50 credits ( YTTV monthly price) until their playoffs start.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

I really doubt this is true, what are they going to do when Basketball and Hockey seasons start up, keep giving out $50 credits ( YTTV monthly price) until their playoffs start.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

I doubt the reasoning for the credit was the same, but Dish did actually give my sister $40 per month credits thru the end of the year (when their contract was up), when she called to cancel a couple of days ago. YTTV is just cheaper for them and has the few channels they watch. Losing FoxSW and FoxOK was a really small factor in the decision, as this is the only time of the year that they would watch them, as some high school football games are on there along with the occasional OU/OSU football games.

In the end after running the math, she did call back and cancel the next day.

Exactly, the point is that the DISH theory about being offer to lower prices is BS.

Exactly.

Dish did the math.

It’s very simple, calculate the savings not having the RSN’s vs the subscriber loss.

If enough people don’t cancel and put up with it, then dropping the RSN’s was the right decision.

Btw dish did send me my signed contract a couple of days after I asked. Getting out of a contract isn't going to be simple got people. They are worth something. I believe you said they weren't worth the paper they were written on.

Btw dish did send me my signed contract a couple of days after I asked. Getting out of a contract isn't going to be simple got people. They are worth something. I believe you said they weren't worth the paper they were written on.

Next step wrote the state attorney general and get creative.

I used to Handel the attorney general complaints we got for our company all the time.

We did so many activations, there is always a certain percentage that would complain about something.

Dish would always forward me the complaints to provide my side of the story, but they would always resolve them and bend over to please the customers before I was given a chance to respond.

Did you go through a retailer by any chance? All those contracts got signed and faxed In.

One sided contracts don't hold much weight with the state attorney generals office
Next step wrote the state attorney general and get creative.

I used to Handel the attorney general complaints we got for our company all the time.

We did so many activations, there is always a certain percentage that would complain about something.

Dish would always forward me the complaints to provide my side of the story, but they would always resolve them and bend over to please the customers before I was given a chance to respond.

Did you go through a retailer by any chance? All those contracts got signed and faxed In.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Today Dish sent Cord Cutters News this statement about the future of Fox RSNs on Dish and Sling TV: “We are always willing to engage in proposals that are fair for our customers, but based upon Sinclair’s offer, we have not reached a deal to bring the FOX RSNs back to Sling customers. At this time, we believe it is unlikely that we will come to an agreement to restore this programming. The price that Sinclair is demanding for these channels is not a good economic deal for Sling TV or for our customers.”

Dish & Sling TV Says It Is "Unlikely" It Will Bring Back Fox Sports RSNs - Cord Cutters News

Today Dish sent Cord Cutters News this statement about the future of Fox RSNs on Dish and Sling TV: “We are always willing to engage in proposals that are fair for our customers, but based upon Sinclair’s offer, we have not reached a deal to bring the FOX RSNs back to Sling customers. At this time, we believe it is unlikely that we will come to an agreement to restore this programming. The price that Sinclair is demanding for these channels is not a good economic deal for Sling TV or for our customers.”

Dish & Sling TV Says It Is "Unlikely" It Will Bring Back Fox Sports RSNs - Cord Cutters News

Either Charlie is bluffing, or is serious this time.

They might as well just drop ESPN at this point too, pass the savings to the customer and wash their hands of offering Sports to their customers.

I would rather have the RSN’s than ESPN

If they drop the RSN’s for good, no HBO, no Cinemax, what could be dropped next.

Looks like instead of skipping commercials the hopper just skips over channels completely.

Either Charlie is bluffing, or is serious this time.

They might as well just drop ESPN at this point too, pass the savings to the customer and wash their hands of offering Sports to their customers.

I would rather have the RSN’s than ESPN

If they drop the RSN’s for good, no HBO, no Cinemax, what could be dropped next.

Looks like instead of skipping commercials the hopper just skips over channels completely.
Channels that most people don't care about

I was sick of waiting for the channel to return or at least get a price reduction, so I dropped my America's Top 250 package down to the Flex pack. As soon as I can figure out a solution to getting better internet here I'll drop DishNet entirely. So sick of this company dictating which sports/teams I can watch and what time of the day I'm allowed to use the internet I pay a ridiculous amount for.

If I had any other TV options at all, I would not hesitate to drop Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts