fox sports dispute

The St. Louis Post says that the fox sports blackout on Dish, could be permanent, If you buy the MLB package does that include the region you are in, such Fox Midwest for my Cardinal games or is it just the out of market channels. I'm going to wait this out this season, but next season I may have to buy. I've gotten back to my old school days of listening to the games on radio.

We hear you and we certainly understand that this is frustrating. DISH has made every attempt to extend the contract in an effort to quickly negotiate a fair, long-term deal for our customers, not one that puts customers in the middle again. We are still in negotiations and I hope an agreement is reached soon.
-Kimberly H.

This just showed up in my Twitter feed-

8EB8725A-9A6D-442D-BC72-0C894EC50D1B.jpeg

"Switch providers today!"

I guess Twitter knows I was in Southern California for the past 2 weeks; FS West isn't even my local RSN.

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay
We hear you and we certainly understand that this is frustrating. DISH has made every attempt to extend the contract in an effort to quickly negotiate a fair, long-term deal for our customers, not one that puts customers in the middle again. We are still in negotiations and I hope an agreement is reached soon.
-Kimberly H.

Where did you get that response off of? Dish portal?

Dish is greedy, this dispute does nothing for the customer and is all about adding to dish networks overall profits.

Since the ACC network is owned by Disney, is Dish's negotiations to air ACC tied into the negotiations for Fox Sports?

Disney doesn’t own the Fox RSN’s per se. They acquired them from Fox but were forced to sell them by the govt as part of the approval of the purchase of the other fox properties.

Sinclair appears to be the winner of the RSN’s but it hasn’t been approved yet, so the RSN’s are in a third party holding company outside both Disney and Sinclair.

I'm just mad period...especially when it comes to getting cheated out of channels I'm being charged for still.
When I get mad I vote with my wallet. I simply go to another provider and if that provider doesn't have what I want I find something else to do with my time. Life is short, no need to get worked up and make it shorter... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)