fox sports question

hort22

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
so i have my local fox sports back in the guide...channel 436 for me...and checking the fox sports website today, it says some if not all of the programming should be in HD...

Fox Sports North

the only thing i can view is the SD version of the channel...the HD channel gives me that "check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD"

anyone have any info on the situation?

gophers hockey is suppose to be on at 8:00 PM in HD but i dont see it anywhere on the guide except for the sd fox sports channel...also i dont have anything listed in my upcoming guide for my fox sports on the HD channel.

also just chatted with dish and she gave me this

"Your frustration is completely understandable. As you can imagine, there is a surge of sporting events this time of season. An unfortunate result of these games occurring simultaneously is that we are not able to offer all of these broadcasts in HD. To minimize the impact of this issue for any one area, we rotate which teams are affected, as well as offer partial HD coverage when available. Keep in mind we do offer full coverage of these same events in standard definition. We appreciate your understanding, and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you."

so who knows...

no but the college football games that are on most of the FSN's Dish uses one stream of the game in HD...so everyone uses that channel

I am having the same problems... But turning to channel 444 does not solve the problem. It just give you the generic games that MOST FS Regional channels are showing right now. It will not give you HD when programming specific to FSNorth comes on. Like the T-Wolves, Wild and Gopher Hockey.

The T-Wolves and Gopher Hockey were supposed to be in HD last night and Dish did not show it. The Gopher Hockey game is in HD tonight and Dish is not gonna show it.

This is really getting annoying!!!

yep Welcome to Dish and their "part time but not all the time" HD RSN's

Dish only allocates a little bit of room for the HD RSN's amongst all the RSN's out there. So they get to "cherry pick" what games they show in HD and I betcha college hockey is on the bottom of the totem pole. NHL & NBA get priority. During baseball season the games on the west coast are well known to be "JIP'd" by Dish after an earlier game is done

So once in while you'll get the Wolfies and Wild in HD but I doubt the goofs will be in HD anytime soon on Dish (even though the games are in HD)

Ya, nothing new. Dish does not have the bandwidth to carry all games broadcast in HD. I was pumped when we got FSN back in time to watch the Wolves, but sucked it was only SD. And maybe the WORST sd I've seen.

Dish only has the capacity to air 8 or 9 HD feeds out of all of the RSNs they cover on any given night. The last Charlie Chat I watched before switching back in June, Ergen said that they wouldn't have the capacity to start doing full-time HD RSNs until sometime late next year.

That's one of the really big differences between Dish and DirecTV right now: DirecTV has the RSNs up in HD 24x7 so they don't have these conflicts.

well the wild were in HD all the time last year...my guide goes to nov 8th and i have nothing in hd for fsnorth on my guide.

The sad part is that Gopher Hockey KILLS the T-Wolves in ratings and many times beats the Wild.... Even when the Gophers have been terrible over the past few seasons, the ratings still beat the pro teams.

Dish only has the capacity to air 8 or 9 HD feeds out of all of the RSNs they cover on any given night. The last Charlie Chat I watched before switching back in June, Ergen said that they wouldn't have the capacity to start doing full-time HD RSNs until sometime late next year.

That's one of the really big differences between Dish and DirecTV right now: DirecTV has the RSNs up in HD 24x7 so they don't have these conflicts.

i can understand that...but really not having anything on my local fsnorth for the next week?

i can understand that...but really not having anything on my local fsnorth for the next week?
They manually pick the games, so the guide updates probably just haven't been pushed out yet. With Center Ice last year on Dish, some of the games wouldn't show up as being on an HD channel until the day of the game.

BINGO!!!

There are 5 local games on in HD through next Sunday and none of them are scheduled to be in HD on Dish. The guide shows ZERO programming on the HD channel for the entire next week. FAIL!!!

please read the post above yours. Dish makes these decisions a day or two before the game as to who is "privileged enough" to get the game in HD

yep Welcome to Dish and their "part time but not all the time" HD RSN's

Dish only allocates a little bit of room for the HD RSN's amongst all the RSN's out there. So they get to "cherry pick" what games they show in HD (even though the games are in HD)

So if Dish gets to "cherry pick" what games they show in HD, why, in the past on CI, have they chosen to show 2 HD versions of the same game (both home and away) and chosen to show only the SD versions of other games?

So if Dish gets to "cherry pick" what games they show in HD, why, in the past on CI, have they chosen to show 2 HD versions of the same game (both home and away) and chosen to show only the SD versions of other games?
The CI channels are not "unique" channels - they just remap the regular market RSNs. So they pick whatever local markets will get their game in HD, and however that shakes out for CI is what you get.